HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   You know you are addicted to hunting when... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/242562-you-know-you-addicted-hunting-when.html)

Hoyt_Viper 04-15-2008 07:55 PM

You know you are addicted to hunting when...

I bought my 4 yr old her first camo suit, not to mention the 3 camo bibs she has outgrown!

Everytime im driving in the early evening my wife yells at me to drive the speedlimit, but Im too busy looking out in the fields!

I cleaned my truck out and found 6 3in 00B, 7 Nitro Turkey shells, a handful of field points, and my scope caps!

Oh, did I mention the two deer stands in my back yard for practicing my bow shooting?

I may have overdone it when I bought my wife a video camera for her birthday, and she hasnt seen it once! Its in my hunting backpack!

Rob/PA Bowyer 04-15-2008 07:59 PM

RE: You know you are addicted to hunting when...

LMAO, yeah I was just cleaning my truck out too. I have a box of turkey loads, I pulled out a brand new Snyper, a used Snyper and a field point from my center console but I don't need all that nor anything else to tell me I'm addicted to hunting. ;)

jmbuckhunter 04-15-2008 08:04 PM

There are more animal mounts in the house than people.(LOTS MORE;))

racewayking 04-15-2008 08:10 PM

Both doors in my druck have scentblocker sprays, camo jacket behind the fromt seat, the bed has a climber still in it and I keep forgetting to take the 2004 green and yellow pins we used to get at the check in stations from my visor.

MichiganWhitetails74 04-15-2008 08:15 PM

I LOVE IT...YER SICK LIKE ME....CAMO ONEZIES......SHOOTING A SUCTION CUP BOW AT 2.5 YEARS OLD.....STAY ON YOUR PATH....ENJOY IT ALL....WHAT A BLESSING.

cwnut 04-16-2008 11:01 AM

You really know you love hunting when you teach your kids to track deer as a science lesson for homeschooling. I showed my kid how to find deer tracks once. My oldest son shocked my wife when he found some tracks at a friend's house. He followed the tracks back to where the deer crossed a steam in the woods behind the house. My wife thought he had lost the tracks a couple of times but he picked up a stick and moved some leaves around to found the tracks again. He would have kept tracking the deer but my wife stopped him at the stream. Another example is one of my youngest daughter's favorite books is"The Field Guide To Animal Tracks by Olaus J. Murie."My kids love to use my deer and turkey calls.

130woodman 04-16-2008 11:34 AM

Last night when my 8 year old daughter wanted to go shed hunting.

twildasin 04-16-2008 12:08 PM

My ashtray has a Rage in it 3 feild tips and a broadhead tool along with the #25 star bit I need to remove my Cudde's from the tree's.[8D] Oh yea my wife and I are non smokers!:D

shed33 04-16-2008 12:10 PM

when your 4 and 7 year old understand the photoperiodism concept. :D

NY/Al 04-16-2008 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

when your 4 and 7 year old understand the photoperiodism concept. :D
I dont even know the photoperiodism concept[&:]