Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting and Women >

Hunting and Women

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Should i ditch out on the trip and hunt and face her wrath
27.27%
should i go on the trip and only miss 3 days of a 4 week season
72.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting and Women

Old 04-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting and Women

ORIGINAL: bigdawgwill44

we are both 23 been dating for 2 years. her parents really would like me to go and they love me and i know her parents really well. I think i might go, its only 3 days out of 4 weeks and i would definately please her.. buuuut the whole trip i will be thinking in my head how whipped i am and i could be bagging a buck.
I got married last year on 07/07/07 in Vegas. It was hotter than heck so the wife wanted to wait for a Honeymoon. She surprised me with a trip to Jamaica the last week of October!!! I was less than thrilled not being part of the desision but I sucked it up and went.
I decided when I got back that if I didn't shoot a buck I had her to blame, hahaha. I shot a decent buck a week later and played with a nice 12 pointer the rest of the season and passed several times on a great 9 pointer waiting for the 12. The deer will wait for you and it is only three days. Chances are one or two of those days will not be optimal hunting days anyway, or at least that is what I made myself thnk last October If you love her take the vacation and don't mention hunting the whole time and you will score big!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Family first
Old 04-15-2008, 08:40 AM

I would go on the trip.

However, you need to gradually and politelyhelpher and her family understand what hunting means to you. This should help in the future planning of vacations and such. Just remember, gradually and politely. Even so, sometimes you will end up having to skip out on family stuff to be yourself, but hopefully they'll understand when you do.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

After reading your second post, you need to go on vacation with her & her family. I would not mention a thing about the the days hunting you will be missing.
You also need to pay for your fair share of the vacation. Do not let her father pay for you. You are 23-years old, he will respect you if you cover your own costs.
You should also pay for the gas at every other fill up.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The woman in my life knows how important hunting is to me and would never ask me to miss any of the season I wanted to hunt. She also knows it would be futile to do so!

On the other hand 1st of the season is hardly important to me anymore. I stay out of my best spots until Rut kicks in.

Dan
x2! The g/f knows better then to ask me to go on vacation when the ruts going on during deer hunting. How ever in the early season I wouldn't have no problem in going with her being I don't hunt during the early season.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't hunt during the early season.
If you get a chance sometime, Schultzy.....I wish you'd post a thread on your choice. I'll be all ears.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Think about how selfish you sound. Your girlfriend and her parents would like you go on a trip with them and miss three days of your season. 3 days.

You'll have the rest of the four weeks.

If you don't likeher enough go on vacation withher for 3 days, why are you even goingout?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a sin to miss opening dayIt depends is she the 1 then go on vacation if not then go hunting.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:41 PM

If your relationship is a serious one. Go on vacation. The first 3 days is nothing to worry about.
If you're just "dating" her. go hunting.

Quick Reply: Hunting and Women

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.