Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Hunting North & South Carolina

Old 04-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer Hunting North & South Carolina

dct....

If you have access to 130-140 class deer in NC.....you better count your blessings. I've never seen a deer in the wild in NC that would top 107". I'd like to change that this coming season......but I'm only cautiously optimistic.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:35 AM

I have personally seen 1 and that was not while hunting. I know of two that were taken just to the South of here one scored 134+ and the other I believe was 141+. Now as for what I have seen and taken is more along the lines of what your talking maybe 100+ at best most would score in the 80 or 90 range I agree.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted this a while back in the South regional forum. There is a lot of public land in NC and if you do a little legwork there are some lightly pressured areas to be found as many people overlook public land to join clubs, which are relatively easy to find and join once you get in the area. Also there is public land bordering dog clubs that you would think would see a lot of pressure but considering many of the clubs only "group" hunt 2 times a week sometimes these areas serve as semi-sanctuaries and you can catch deer moving on the clubs off days.

Plenty of public land throughout the state and because of the clubs and many people not looking for or needing land you can usually find some areas that recieve relatively light pressure.

North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission

More specifically click on Hunting/Trapping then click on the maps link towards the top of the page.

-Maps (Here is a link)

Once on the page linked use themap below and click on the area you are interested in(the pic here will not link but the one on the site will). There are also some PDF files you can link to and gameland books available from the state. Also if you are active duty, retired, or DOD there are some Militray installments you can hunt, I don't think they are listed on the State site but some may be.

< Message edited by NEW61375 -- 3/19/2008 9:38:57 PM >
Old 04-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also googled hunt clubs Charlotte NC and there were several listings and if you can make contact with anyone from those clubs they could probably tell you a lot about the club situation in the area.

Google NC hunt clubs for lots more links.

Meck Hunt Club

The Mecklenburg Hunt Club has 5000+ acres with good habitat and ample game only a short drive from Charlotte, NC. Our hunters and sportsman enjoy affordable ...

NC Hunt Club Membership, Hunting Club South Carolina

Join the premier North Carolina and South Carolina deer hunting club! ... Tony S – Member from Charlotte, NC. Here finally are the pictures you have been ...

PIEDMONT HUNT CLUB, INC. NEWSLETTER

Upstate SC Hunting club has some openings.... - ArcheryTalk

Upstate SC Hunting club has some openings.... Hunting Land for Sale or Lease. ... Location: Charlotte, NC. Posts: 6427. iTrader: Check/Add Feedback ...

north carolina deer hunting deer quail whitetail , whitetaildeer ...

Based in the Charlotte, NC area. A new and unique approach to a hunting club. ... Located near Rocky Mount, NC -"REAL" food plots unlike what other clubs ...

north carolina hunt clubs

north carolina deer hunting clubs. ... The Central Carolina Outdoor Club, Inc. (CCOC) is the exclusive Charlotte-area franchise of the American Wildlife ...

north carolina hunt clubs

The following are clubs which have openings or opportunities as listed. If interested in listing your hunt club on this site also, please click the ...

Old 04-15-2008, 07:19 AM

There are plenty of public land places in both states as well as Va, now you willl have to do your homework, but the best thing is to get into a club with at least 3,000 ac to hunt. That is a fairly small amount of land when considering the dog situation, but some clubs have upwards of 20,000-30,000 ac too.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

VA VGDIF site. Loads of public land in the form of WMA's and 100's of 1000's of acres in the form of Stateand National forest land.

This is straight tothe hunting section: (on the bottom right corner of the page there is section you can register(just need an e-mail address & password)to use called Find Game. Very easy to search specific areas or areas close to where you may live.

Hunting

and this is to the home page:

Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries

I am a member of two clubs in VA and one small club in NC(hunt as guest at some bigger ones some seasons). But in addition to that in the past 4 or 5 seasons I have been slowly hunting lots of public land in both states. I have had great success in VA at finding lightly pressured hunting areas (especially for bow season) and all it took was some internet surfing to find aerials and topos and some legwork as far as scouting during the off season and then getting out there during hunting season and seeing what kind of pressure is there. I have found some good spots inEastern NC as well but I hunt mostly in VA.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Michigan I just realized you asked about NC & SC (not VA), I should have reread the thread title.

I would recommend theSC state sitefor info on the publicland if you call and talk to someone usually they can tell you some info on hunting pressure and some of the least pressured areas.If you google SC Hunt clubs orput the specific areain SC and huntclub behind it you could probaly get pointed in the right direction as far as some leases.

Nate
Old 04-15-2008, 08:17 AM

New we have to wait til oct 4th for bow season!!!!!! I can't wait that long!!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain. Unfortunately I have been slowly chipping away at my vacation time with sick kids and dental appointments for them. I have used like 67 hours in the past 3 months so that might hurt me a little this season, but good Lord willing I'll find a way.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 AM

Ive got a 4 day hunt planned for my brother's farm in Pulaski Co. the first week of bow!! I love going up there!!

Quick Reply: Deer Hunting North & South Carolina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.