Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thought I would share a few photos from my Trout fishing trip to Clinton county Pa. >

Thought I would share a few photos from my Trout fishing trip to Clinton county Pa.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thought I would share a few photos from my Trout fishing trip to Clinton county Pa.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Thought I would share a few photos from my Trout fishing trip to Clinton county Pa.

6 guys with their limit in less than an hour. I'm assuming these are recently released stocked fish.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thought I would share a few photos from my Trout fishing trip to Clinton county Pa.

ORIGINAL: davidmil

6 guys with their limit in less than an hour. I'm assuming these are recently released stocked fish.
Why is there always someone who has to try to diminish someone else's accomplishment?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Not diminishing their fishing at all. When you see 30 fish all the same length caught in less than an hour, it can only be from a stocking program. I'm involved in two stocking programs, One for Atlantic Salmon and one for trout like these in NY. No stocking in the Northern part of NY yet because of all the snow and high water. South of the Thruway they've stocked bunches. If they were natives I'd grab my flyrod and head for Clinton County, PA> LOL But then, we throw all our trout back anyway unless they're hurt.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering about the native part too David. In the U.P. we have a lot of brookies, but not a ton of natives anymore with all the stocking that goes on. Regardless, still lots of fun to catch and eat! Looks like you guys had a real nice trip. Our trout opener is on April 26, be a miracle if the rivers are within their banks by then with all the recent snow.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes the stream we fished in the morning was all stocked! I dont eat fish and dont keep them but for the camp everyone else eats them and we have a fish fry over the fire at night so I keep my 5. I do eat one just for tradition. As for the natives I caught them Sunday morning I caught 5 all togethor in about 2 hours before heading home. The 2 I have pictures of were the biggest ones the others were like 4 inches. There is a ton of natives up there also if you know how to get them!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Man you got to love Trout Fishing!!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:21 PM

I missed first day this year. My son had a pinewood derby race at the DuBois Mall. It was the Bucktail Council Run Off. We got 2nd Place.
Anyway , I usually hit Kettle and First Fork the first weekend. Going up Wed.
Looks like a good day for you guys.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Nice catches! Always fun to go out with the fellas and catch a mess of trout for the fry pan. I haven't done that in years. I went the way of fly fishing catch & release a while back, but remember summers as a kid when trout fishing was all my cousin & I did. Mom(s) got tired of all the trout we'd drag home. Today it is catfish & crappie in the "keep" catagory, but I do love a mountain lake cutthroat wrapped in tin foil & a strip of bacon in the coals of my camp fire.

Thanks for sharing the photos!
Old 04-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

If they were natives I'd grab my flyrod and head for Clinton County, PA> LOL But then, we throw all our trout back anyway unless they're hurt.
If they were natives, I'd want to give someone a piece of my mind. People (not Tim) need to realize that to maintain a native/wild trout population it's imperitive(sp) thatmost of the trout be released!If everybody kept every legal/native trout they caught, it wouldn't take long to see them disappear totally. It takes a native trout a number of years to become legal size. This isn't "put and take" like stockers, which I don't fish for any more. Strictly native/ wild for me. These fish are real jewels!
In the last 6 years of fishing for native/wild trout in beautiful Pa, I've caught litterly hundreds of these beautiful fish, and kept a total 2 of them. This is oneof those 2,my biggest from Fishing Creek, a 19" wild brown.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Around here about the only places a guy can go is where they have public access fishing and they stock them all. Occasionally someone will catch a native and you know when you do. I caught a nice 19 inch brown last year on my3rd or 4thattempt at fly fishing. It was a blast. I warmed up catching a lot of stockers to get the feel of it. Then my brother took me to some private waters up north he has access to.When I was a kid there weren't many people around here and I could just go fishing where I wanted. We used to catch nothing but native trout and a ton of brookies of the 8-12 inch range. In those days we ate every over, I think the size limit was 6 or maybe 8. Now they let people keep any brookie they catch because they figure the small ones mostly die anyway after being caught. They only allow 2 brookiesover 12, or is it 10/?? We have lots of steelhead about35 minutes away.

Quick Reply: Thought I would share a few photos from my Trout fishing trip to Clinton county Pa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.