Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech advise!!!! >

Bowtech advise!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech advise!!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech advise!!!!

Ok guys as you know my new 101st came in and I am in the set up stage still. I must say this is one great shooting bow!! But with my old eye's getting worse I am going to have to start shooting with my glass's on and to do that i need a peep sight. Now I have been one of those guys that tells everyone how much I hate peep's but I had one put on my101st yesterday, it is just a round one that splits the string in 4 around it.. And I must say it sure was nice being able to see my pin clear for the first time in years.. But as I look through it I can see the strings and have to kinda look around them. Is there a better peep out there for me and my bow???? Walt
Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowtech advise!!!!

stik, I hate those peeps that split around the string like you have for that exact reason.

You could go to a 1/4" G5 peep. Are you using a loop, it will clearly come around and the large aperature will give you the light you need.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks I will check it out and yes I do shoot a loop.!! Any others out there???
Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't wear glasses but it seems a peep would complicate things. How about a kisser?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Walt, I'd recommend a 1/4" Fletcher Tru Peep... when you serve it in, be sure it angles towards your toes (down and out) while you're holding the bow in its static position. It'll square up perfectly at full draw.

I started off with those Shurz A Peeps like you mentioned, and absolutely hate them.... Once you get 50 or so shots through that 101st, it'll be pretty muich "shot in" and the strings won't move on you, so you won't need it.

I recommend the Fletchers over the G5s for a few reasons... 1) they were an initial sponsor of that whole Farbman WHA fiasco, 2) I've heard of several issues of their peeps "oblonging" out of perfectly round because of the lighter material, and 3) well, there's another one that I won't put into print.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll second the Fletcher Tru Peep as well, I use both and prefer the Fletcher Tru Peep. There is a little shine inside the G5 for me. My recommendation was on popularity and not many hear of the Fletcher anymore as well as it's harder to find. I just installed the Tru Peep on my new Black Ice.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

You're right, Rob... I wanted a 1/8" to put on my 3d rig (Connie) I just recently built, and had to have my shop order one -- but that is an unusual size for the average hunting crowd that dominates the shop's inventory needs.

Fletcher Tru Peeps used to be the industry standard; maybe we can help change that..
Old 04-13-2008, 11:46 AM

Greg and Rob are right,those G5' are not what they are cracked up to be.Get the Fletcher,you won't be sorry.By the way,I do shoot with my glasses on.One thing more,I always buy the peep a little smaller so I can drill the peep out to perfectly match the outside ring of the apperture.This way,You don't have to center the apperture in the peep,it's always there(you will have to paint or magic marker the inside afterwards)...Bob
Old 04-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Host of Hosts

Greg and Rob are right,those G5' are not what they are cracked up to be
I had them on my bows the past few years and when shooting inside in the Dart league I got a ton of reflection. I didn't figure it out until last week when I set up my 101. I went back to the black peep. I'll be replacing the G5 on my Guardian very soon as well.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never liked the Shurz a peep either. The Tru-peep and meta peep are both good choices. I prefer to save a few grains and the blue meta peepactually gives me better contrast when I aim.

But either is a solid choice.

Dan

Quick Reply: Bowtech advise!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.