Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 fall-away or whisker biscuit? >

fall-away or whisker biscuit?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fall-away or whisker biscuit?

Old 04-12-2008, 01:55 AM

Default fall-away or whisker biscuit?

Hey just seein all of your opinions on either having a whisker biscuit or a fall-away. I'm not sure which to get for my new bow, i have always used a biscuit and am tempted to try a fall away. What do you think?
Old 04-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fall-away or whisker biscuit?

I personally would go with a fall away. there is zero contact with the feathers. Also if you get a rest like the QAD ultra rest you can have full containment of your arrow .
the best of both rests in one. I switched to a fall away years ago and have never looked back or regretted it
Old 04-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on what your looking for. Simple reliable dependability or the ultimate in tuning and accuracy. I have used both and still do. This year for my primary hunting rig I will be shooting a drop away, probably the quad ultra rest. I am still in the beginng stages of testing it, but it does look promising. My backup bow will keep it's WB.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I went from a two prong shoot through to a WB around 2002-03.... I thought it was the greatest thing since the box that you can open up and put ice directly onto your beer in. Three years ago I tried a drop away, and now they are about all I recommend and all I use.

Nothing wrong with the WB though... great rest still.... but I do favor drop aways.... less contact is mo' better in my experience.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot a Trophy Taker fall away for a few years now and have no regrets.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I switched from a WB to a Limb Driver drop away rest made by vapor trail, and this is the best rest I have ever owned.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

I've also been considering switching to a fall-away, and I'd like to know if anyone that currently usesor has ever used one hadit fail while shooting, be in your backyard target shooting or 20 ft. up in a tree with the biggest buck you've ever seen behind your pin. Please, facts only. Don't want to know about your postmans' half brothers' uncles' experiences.
Thanks...
Old 04-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Well I just went through the transition that you are going through. First, let me say that both types of rests are great. I just bought a QAD Ultra Hunter last week and installed it very easily and had it tuned within minutes. They are very inexpensive also. On the other hand, WB's are a very reliable rest. You don't have to worry much about them. What can go wrong with it. Sure in time they wear on your fletching and the brushes wear out, but they are a very consistent rest. I like both, you can't go wrong.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never had a malfunction, My father and the entire Yellville posse shoots the same unit and they have had no issues.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:09 AM
JT
Spike

Everybody always says that there is no contact with a fall away. I have a trophy taker. I am constantly ripping the mole skin off of mine while shooting, so I must be hitting it..right? My father has the same problem. Any suggestions. It doesn't mess up my shooting, but I hate having to worry about it in a tree because withought the mole skin it is very loud. Thanks!

Quick Reply: fall-away or whisker biscuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.