Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ScentBlocker Plus >

ScentBlocker Plus

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ScentBlocker Plus

Old 02-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default ScentBlocker Plus

I' m currently trying to decide if the ScentBlocker Plus liner suit is worth the money? How long does this stuff last? I hear that Scent Lok only lasts a few years before all the carbon gets washed out. Is Scent Blocker the same way? I know nothing will totally eliminate human scent but anything is better than nothing. What do you think, is this stuff worth $170? Thanks guys!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ScentBlocker Plus

Personally I doubt I' ll ever own one and it' s not because of cost. A scent suit is only as good as the headwear. I believe and I don' t have scientific fact but, most our odors, come from our hair and breath and without the headgear, it' s pointless to wear and I' m not about to wear it.

I go as scentless as possible including showering, washing my clothes and using Scent Killer. All this and watching the wind has paid off for me. I don' t believe a scent suit would have helped in any of the situations when I have been busted by wind.

IMO
Old 02-20-2003, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Scent-lok and Scent Blocker both use the same licensed carbon material........under the Scent-tek name and this license is owned by Scent-Lok. I am going with Goretex Suppressant, my first odor suit. According to Goretex, their garments can be washed regularly as opposed to the Scent-Lok which states on the clothing tags to wash 1-2 times a yr.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:13 AM

I also use supressscet for the past two seasons, still seems to work.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

cent-lok and Scent Blocker both use the same licensed carbon material........under the Scent-tek name and this license is owned by Scent-Lok. I am going with Goretex Suppressant, my first odor suit. According to Goretex, their garments can be washed regularly as opposed to the Scent-Lok which states on the clothing tags to wash 1-2 times a yr.

Do they have a Polar Tech Fleece? or a Fleece at all, I would like to check that out. I am not apposed to Scent Loc or any other brand , I just want it to be fleece.
Thanks~Ben
Old 02-20-2003, 10:11 AM

I have had scent-loc for 2 years, will continue to use it, but to me it' s only a tool to help control scent, I still believe in using the wind. And as previously mentioned most (some say over 60%) of human scent is above the shoulders. Scent loc' s savanah (light weight) head cover was a blessing this past early season. I sure wish they would get the cost down on this stuff, especially since it only lasts a few years, 5 at most from what I read.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

I see that Bass Pro Shops carries RedHead Supprescent liners. I' m surprised by how cheap it actually is, compared to other scent control suits. They look rather heavy, would the liners be too warm for early season hunts? Thanks!
Old 02-20-2003, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dont think I will get any.
For starters it does not come in my favourite pattern ASAT.

Old 02-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most of my hunting gear is scent-lok and works fine,just throw in dryer to reactivate. no need to wash unless your careless gutting and get blood all over them. I wash maybe once a year at best. The dryer takes care of the odors and kills bacteria. It also builds up your confidence should the wind change. I deffinately think their worth the price. I,ve even accumulated suits for fall and suits for winter,they also have winter and fall headgear,gloves etc. hope this helps
Old 02-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Ben, I have the Goretex Windstopper suppressant jacket that is microsuede, similiar to fleece but its supposed to shed burrs, Its brand new so I have had no opportunity to wear it hunting yet. I haven' t bught the pants yet, may buy the pants liner.

Quick Reply: ScentBlocker Plus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.