Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tred Barta question >

Tred Barta question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta question

Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tred Barta question

Alright fellas doing good 13 pages and going!!

Hey are we doing The "Every Shot" shot threads again this year?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

He does strike me as that kinda guy.
Wouldn't TRed have to make his own ball?
In the shop at his house... just like the indians did it....

Jeff.... I agree about Pete Rose... he should be in the hall of fame. This coming from a lifelong, pretty hardcore baseball fan. He made mistakes and those are to be learned from.. but as a player, he was phenomenal.

Just as a sidebar: Anyone remember reading/hearing about what some of the tribes of Native Americans required as far as marksmenship/accuracy out of their boys before they let them take any deer with one?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea what Arthur said.How you doing BTW.
Doin' good, Charlie. Just got home a couple days ago from going to my son's graduation from basic training at Fort Jackson and then taking him to his advanced training base at Fort Gordon, Ga. By the time his weekend pass had expired, I was ready to come home. Drove 16 straight hours. Wore me out but I was glad to get back to my own bed and away from those too short and too hard hotel beds!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Tony I asked a question I knew FULL WELL was gonna be tough (for most)to answer.

Guilty.

Fishing? Nah.....It's like asking people if Pete Rose was the greatest base hitter the game has ever known. The numbers don't lie.....but peoplevery much dislikedhim (including me). I see this question as no different. Take away the prejudice.....and the answer is simple.
Jeff .... I find no fault in it ..... it's actually quite amusing ... I can picture you sitting back and pointing to the computer ...."Hey Lisa, look at all the suckers I caught today"

Like I said, I think they find it as amusing as you do ........ It's like a brain freeze .......it hurts SO bad when it's happening, that it feels SO good when it stops ........ makes it almost worth it
Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Whether you like the man or not........please answer this question objectively.

When Tred Barta says....."I like to do things MY way.....the HARD way.....the BARTA way"

Does that offend/threaten you?
Short answer.......... No.

I think the guy is a tool but he can do whatever he wants, it doesn't affect me in the least.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Tred doesn't offend me. I actually like most of his humor. Some of it is a little dumb but in general he makes fun of himself quite a bit. Actually, although I don't care for some of the hosts on some shows, I'm glad ANY hunting show gets air time. Hosts can't please everyone nor expect everyone to like them. I understand they have to be a little over the top because they wouldn't last if they were just plain vanilla all of the time. I admire Tred for doing it "the hard way". I've never heard him preach that he was better or anyone else should be doing it his way. That's just the way he does it and he's happy with it. Good for him.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fish on! Sorry no pictures of suckers.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Jeff .... I find no fault in it ..... it's actually quite amusing ... I can picture you sitting back and pointing to the computer ...."Hey Lisa, look at all the suckers I caught today"
This isn't a fiar portrayal, Tony It wasn't my goal....to "catch" anyone. I asked an admittedly tough question....knowing it would be hard to separate the man from the statement.

No "trolling", though.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Threatened,that would be a large NO!
Offended,probably yes,I am concerned about non hunters take on him! I don't want to be lumped with someone who is irresponsible and brash.
Amused,most definitely!!! There is more to being the real deal than just stating you are! In fact if you have to attempt to convince anyone that you are,you aren't!

Quick Reply: Tred Barta question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.