Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Property Aerial Pic and Topo - 675 Acres >

New Property Aerial Pic and Topo - 675 Acres

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Property Aerial Pic and Topo - 675 Acres

Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Property Aerial Pic and Topo - 675 Acres

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of these. Dan and I will hopefully be headed out there next weekend to help the landowner with some work around the farm, and to hopefully put in some shoe leather as well.

Anything stand out immediately to you guys that we should head to first that weekend to check out more? We obviously aren't going to cover this whole thing in one day, so I'm curious to see what you guys think are blatantly obvious spots, and we can focus on these spots on our first scouting trip. I have no idea what crops may/may not be on here right now, but hopefully we will figure that out soon. There is also another 100+ acres to the north of this that I didn't cut into the map, we will have to check that part out ourselves I guess.

I had to cut the bottom off the topo so that I didn't put up too much location specific info........ It's so steep there anyhow I don't think there is much that is huntable. It is south facing though so I'll get some time in there to see if they are using it for bedding, but I'm not sure if I'll actually hunt it there or not.......we will see. Most all entry to stand locations is going to have to come from the North, I don't see us hiking up 500-800 feet of elevation w/ stands and packs to get in there from the west or the south unless someone sees a very compelling reason to do so.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Property Aerial Pic and Topo - 675 Acres

look at all those hidden fields[8D]
All those corners, funnels, that is a nice find. Congrats[8D]
Old 04-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking piece of Property you should be stoked! It must be right on a line of updated vs old aerial photos.

You got lots of walking to do. That will be fun! Take 2way radios so you guys can cover ground and share insights.

Knowing your entry is north..of course the south is where you find the best areas..
Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy cow that would be fun to hunt. I would be checking out the secluded fields in the SW. After that, you have many hours of checking all the different travel routes to the fields. You might have wear a pair of boots out checking this place over. Nice problem to have!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the field that is almost dead center in the picture. It is the one closest to the densest cover and ridges. It looks like a good property. I imagine you will find deer all over the place. That is where I would start hunting if I had to pick.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Holy cow that would be fun to hunt. I would be checking out the secluded fields in the SW. After that, you have many hours of checking all the different travel routes to the fields. You might have wear a pair of boots out checking this place over. Nice problem to have!
That field in the SW corner does look great. It would be a hike but if there is a good food source on it there should be great hunting there.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Bartender

You have so many options, congrats!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking at the topo of theh property there is going to be a ravine or steep creek bankwhere thecreek runs through the northwest corner of the farm. The deer will use very specific spots to cross the ravine/creek bank. Look for "S" turns in the creek often times the backs will be lower in the middle of the "S" funneling the deer to cross there when not pressured. I would also check the bech between the 1500' and the 1600' elevation lines that appears to be the place at which the timber thins a little. Ihave found that bucks like to tavel these transition lines and the bench makes a good travel corridor and there is probably some type of mast there as well.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hidden field in the bottom left corner
Old 04-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, you put a stand where that red dot is, and hunt it during the rut, and I guarantee you will see bucks.That has to be a major cruising intersection.

Quick Reply: New Property Aerial Pic and Topo - 675 Acres

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.