Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 North American Super Slam >

North American Super Slam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

North American Super Slam

Old 04-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North American Super Slam

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Anytime Roy!

I've said it a million times..."my door isalways open"! I rely on my hunting brothers. They can surely rely on me! There have been countless times where I've been pushing hard through the night. The drive was long and I was solo. It would have been nice to have a buddy along.

Jim, what can I do to help? We have 10 of the 29 species here and I have made awesome contacts for most of the remaining species. Let me know, will ya?
Your kindness and generosity never cease to amaze me. It will be an absolute privilege to share a camp with you next year.

I'm surethis isnothing wecan'tsolve over a cold drink and a warm camp fire
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The pleasures all mine my friend! I look forward to that moment.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Anytime Roy!

I've said it a million times..."my door isalways open"! I rely on my hunting brothers. They can surely rely on me! There have been countless times where I've been pushing hard through the night. The drive was long and I was solo. It would have been nice to have a buddy along.

Jim, what can I do to help? We have 10 of the 29 species here and I have made awesome contacts for most of the remaining species. Let me know, will ya?
Your kindness and generosity never cease to amaze me. It will be an absolute privilege to share a camp with you next year.

I'm surethis isnothing wecan'tsolve over a cold drink and a warm camp fire
See, told ya!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim,

Never say never! Where there's a will, there's a way. I have lived my entire life around that premise! Your goals will constantly evolve. That's ok...push forward! Before you know it, the "gold" will be in your purse! Find a way! Counting "coup" with a camera is free...90% ofthe fun is just being there!

Someday I am going to write a book... "Hunting The World on aPoorman's Budget".

Fifteen down...
[align=left][/align][align=left]Cougar (or puma, or mtn. lion)[/align][align=left]Alaskan brown bear[/align][align=left]Grizzly bear (common or b.g.)[/align][align=left]Polar bear[/align][align=left]black bear[/align][align=left]American bison[/align][align=left]Muskox (b.g. or greenland)[/align][align=left]American mountain goat[/align][align=left]Dall sheep[/align][align=left]Stone sheep[/align][align=left]Rky Mtn or CA bighorn sheep[/align][align=left]Desert bighorn sheep (applied for in 2008)[/align][align=left]Pronghorn[/align][align=left]Rocky Mountain elk[/align][align=left]Roosevelt elk[/align][align=left]Alaska-Yukon moose[/align][align=left]Canada moose[/align][align=left]Shiras moose (applied for in 2008)[/align][align=left]Alaska-Yukon b.g. caribou[/align][align=left]Mountain caribou[/align][align=left]Quebec-Labrador caribou[/align][align=left]Woodland caribou[/align][align=left]Rocky Mountain mule deer[/align][align=left]Desert mule deer (applied for in 2008)[/align][align=left]Columbia black-tailed deer[/align][align=left]Sitka black-tailed deer[/align][align=left]White-tailed deer[/align][align=left]Coues white-tailed deer[/align][align=left]American alligator[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]
I would love to have someone along to help split the gas money!
I am in! where do i sign??

Ryan.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that we are all lathered up with no place to go...

I will be bow hunting pronghorn in Colorado's unit 161 over Memorial Day weekend. The tag is OTC. You are welcome to join me. We'll tent it along side Lake John...

I will be hunting elk and mule deer in Unit 45 (southwest of Vail, Colorado) Sept 19th-28th. Again, the tag is OTC and canvas wall tents will provide shelter. Cowboy up! There are plenty of black bear in this unit as well. It is a big mountain!

Does anyone have anything else to offer up?

Oh yeah, 2010...I am taking my Daughter to the Limpopo Province of S. Africa. I put a sweet deal together for a ten day/eight animal safari. The all inclusive package price is $3950 + airfare. The animals include:
wildebeast, warthog, blesbok, duiker, steenbok, impala, springbok, and caracal or jackel. Or, you can trade the value of these animals for other critters. PM me and I will explain. You have two years to start saving!

Eight years ago I had zero desire to hunt Africa. Today, if I could afford it, I would go back every other year. You are missing out on a lot of fun bydiscounting Africa. It is way cheaper than Alaska!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

So the Super Slam is a long-term dream of mine and I have spent a lot of time researching different species, where to hunt them, etc. However, I am beginning to realize that you have to be a multi-millionaire to be able to afford to complete the slam. For example, desert big horn sheep are nearly impossible to draw a tag. You could put in for years and never draw a tag, or by the time you do you are too old to actually go hunt the dang things because you have arthritis and a walker for Pete's sake. What does it cost to go to Mexico to hunt them you ask?Solomente 60,000dolares Americano (that means $60,000). A stone sheep hunt you ask? Well, those are a bargain at $10,000-$15000 plus a nice "trophy fee" of anywhere between $5000 and $9000. Grizzly, well if you kill one it is a steal at $14000. Who in the hell can actually accomplish this? If I started now and killed one new species per year, it would take me 21 years to complete the slam and cost me approximately my left arm, right leg, and both you know whats (and they rhyme with "whats").

You used to be able to hunt black bear in Ontario for $19. That was the license fee... $19 and you didn't need a guide. Now, a good price is $1000.

Oh well, what's one more dream flushed down the toilet of life?

And it is raining... PERFECT!!!
Never give up on your dream!!!

For me, this is a freaking obsession! I swear, when I wake up in the middle of the night to go pee, I'm thinking about it. I don't think there is a moment when I am not thinking about it. I was even dreaming about sheep hunting last night!! God help me! lol
Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cougar (or puma, or mtn. lion)
Alaskan brown bear
Grizzly bear (common or b.g.)
Polar bear
black bear
American bison
Muskox (b.g. or greenland)
American mountain goat
Dall sheep
Stone sheep
Rky Mtn or CA bighorn sheep
Desert bighorn sheep (applied for in 2008)
Pronghorn
Rocky Mountain elk
Roosevelt elk
Alaska-Yukon moose
Canada moose
Shiras moose (applied for in 2008)
Alaska-Yukon b.g. caribou
Mountain caribou
Quebec-Labrador caribou
Woodland caribou
Rocky Mountain mule deer
Desert mule deer (applied for in 2008)
Columbia black-tailed deer
Sitka black-tailed deer
White-tailed deer
Coues white-tailed deer
American alligator

Will, I have 3 down with a bow and on the 4th quest, the Pronghorn this fall.

Someday I am going to write a book... "Hunting The World on aPoorman's Budget".
And what's my budget got to do with it? [8D]
Old 01-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm sure this is nothing we can't solve over a cold drink and a warm camp fire
We solved some didn't we Jim?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a siteI found to help rule out some outfitters: http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3

You can either search for a specific outfitter or search by state or province. Hope this helps you some.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob,

You know I'm wishing you the best of luck on your pronghorn hunt! Knock one dead!

I had my desert mule deer devoured by feral hogs and scattered to the four winds on Jan 3rd, 09. I made a good 30 yard shot on a 26 inch wide 5x5 while hunting SE N. Mexico. I shot the deer late in the evening and opted toretrieve the beastthe followingmorning. I found a blood trail leading into a mess of pig tracks, pig poop, and uprooted soil. I find neither hide nor hair of my deer from that point.My next desert hunt will have revenge attached.

I'm off to Victoria Island in September for a musk ox.

Jim, what are your plans?
Monie?

Quick Reply: North American Super Slam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.