Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you find time for all this Bowhunting Stuff? >

How do you find time for all this Bowhunting Stuff?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you find time for all this Bowhunting Stuff?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do you find time for all this Bowhunting Stuff?

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Actually I took the winter off work. I'm self employed. I'm at a crossroad point in my life and am looking at all my options. I just picked up a great summer job that will run thru the end of sept. I will be hiring 4 to 8 people to work full time for the summer so if anybody is from central wis and wants a summer job get in touch w/ me. I wiil be very busy this summer so I won't be around much but will catch up with you guys when I can. Then oct-dec I will be chasing those horny creatures!
Well hell boy, I'm retired and have nothing to do but play and don't have enough time. Take today, my buddy owns his own business and wanted to sneak off this afternoon to hit some golf balls. Some places opened near us this week. Well heck, I couldn't wait till this afternoon. Besides that, he wanted my help.... I need to help myself first.[&:] I went without him this morning. I needed "ALONE" time. LOL Besides that, I'm going South for a couple days to camp out, drink some Jack and play golf with another buddy. Campfires, bourbon and golf. It doesn't get much better in the off season. LOL
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM

I think alack of that balance caused alot of the problems in my 1st marriage, lol! Now I'm a divorced father of 2 beautiful girls, with shared custody. I'm free to hunt like a madman 50% of the time, and at 7 & 8, my girls are starting to show major interest in their Daddy's obsession! They're going on their first ever huntin a couple of weeks. I'd never push it on them, but if they fall inlove with it . . at that point allI'll need is a girl who can understand it, not too many of those in this city. You guys who have that are extremely lucky!!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well between College, College Baseball, my family and my G/F, my hunting time has been cut. I do find time to hunt quite a bit still. The fall is a slow time for baseball and this leaves me plenty of time to hunt and get my schoolwork done. My family isn't too demanding since they know i love to hunt and I don't have kids, not for a while either.Definately I am no where close to ready!!! My G/F is from the country and understands that during hunting season bowhunting is my passion, at least during the day time. At night is when I spend most of my time with her if she isn't working. She does enjoy coming along on trips to the woods but hasn't showed interest and hunting herself which is ok with me. I like my time to myself in the woods but I would certainly teach her if she wanted.

Yes, a good jewler comes in handy for those times when the sides of the hole are just too tall!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

the Jewler.. thats the KEY word to a good relationship when the women dont understand or cant comprehend what obsession we have.. so.. just take her to the jewler before or after.. but atleast once a year.. they love jewlery as much as we love hunting and outdoors.. i'll never understand it.. but i dont have to..i get what i want.. she gets what she wants..
Old 04-07-2008, 11:18 PM

I work 3 days (actually nights) a week. My wife takes vacation from her job the same time I do (she's a nurse too). October and November are our vacation times. She usually gets a week or so in June to Vacation with her girls while I take care of our son. Seems like a good trade to me that she goes up North with her friends while I get to go hunting later in the year and then she takes care of our son. Then we can usually get a some time in August, September, and December to have some time to our selves. It seems to work well for us. When we take a week off from work, it actually ends up being about 8 - 10 days depending on how we work our schedules.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt so I can stay married!!! It's my peace and what I love to do. This place just keeps me dreaming until season on something opens. Unlike my wife, all of you can enjoy a good hunting story.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:44 AM
Bartender

I hunt closer to home now more often.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I fit it in when I can ..... My God and my family come first, tho ..... by putting God first, I have been more successful with less time in the woods .......

Here's the reality check with hunting ... when someone you love is in a serious accident or dies .... that puts hunting in it's proper place in life ....
Old 04-08-2008, 04:44 AM
Bartender

AMEN Tony AMEN.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't often log in from home anymore,(dial-up[:@]), I check in throughout the day at work. I find balance by putting family first. Carie knows what my passions are and allows me to persue them as long as she and Lily come first. She makes sacrifices for me to be able to hunt and I make them for her in other areas.

Quick Reply: How do you find time for all this Bowhunting Stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.