Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Big Buck Pic EHD (attn:bloodcreek) >

Big Buck Pic EHD (attn:bloodcreek)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big Buck Pic EHD (attn:bloodcreek)

Old 04-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Big Buck Pic EHD (attn:bloodcreek)

Bloodcreek this pic was sent to me. It is another monster from your area that died due EHD. This deer came from southern IN. It scored in the 170's

Old 04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Big Buck Pic EHD (attn:bloodcreek)

WOW that sucks tho
Old 04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow....what a buck!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

OMG Would you believe i know the guy holding it, that is
B. Luff isnt it??There isa very strong possability that i have that buck on video, if its from the Scottsburgh area i probably do. There has been a Ton of hugh bucks found in that area about five miles from my house. Thanks for showing the pic, im sick to my stomach []I have sen pics of a 190" er from the same area.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Dan I think that is B. Luff he sent the picture to one of my best friends then he sent it to me.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:24 PM

I'm curious but how are you guys coming to the conclusion that this buck died from EHD? I mean he could have died of old age, been shot and never found, etc? Enlighten me.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I'm curious but how are you guys coming to the conclusion that this buck died from EHD? I mean he could have died of old age, been shot and never found, etc? Enlighten me.
I thought the same. Here in Western KY all of the biologists have said that it is extremely rare for a mature animal to die from EHD. All the EHD deaths we have found so far have been yearlings and a couple 2.5 year old.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, here is the skinny Im hearing the exact opposite from a local biologist and a couple wardens. I was told the older Deer were the ones taking the hardest hit, being they are compared to elderly and cant cope with it as well as the younger stronger deer. MOST of the bucks found im my area still had velvet or traces of velvet witch meant they died Mid summer when the EHD was at its worst.EHD isat its striongest when it isvery HOT and DRY, like the summer we had. I have shed hunted for many years as well as alot of my friends (one of them is in the pic you just seen) and none of us have ever found not even close to the amount of DeadDeer we have found this year. The guy in the pic andanother guy i know have found an unbelievable amount of dead deer this yearand its mosty in a relatively small area, say five mile radius. Most found have been the big boys. My season showed, i seen three bucks my whole Bow season, i passed about thirty last season waiting for a gagger. One more thing... you could drive around in the country and smell dead deer everywhere. Yeah, im sure some died from other causes but MOST died from a bite from a little midge [:@]
ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I thought the same. Here in Western KY all of the biologists have said that it is extremely rare for a mature animal to die from EHD. All the EHD deaths we have found so far have been yearlings and a couple 2.5 year old.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Western Ky was hit very hard by Ehd this past year. There have been several articles written about it. This areain southern In also was hit hard. The deer was soft horn which means it died with velvet on. Which goes hand and hand with ehd(blue tounge). Here issome morepictures of bucks that they have found from the same area.

bloodcreek's sonalso has found alot of bucks and has pics

Quick Reply: Big Buck Pic EHD (attn:bloodcreek)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.