HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Simple question....Do you hunt "Baited" animals? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/241189-simple-question-do-you-hunt-baited-animals.html)

GMMAT 04-07-2008 07:13 AM

Simple question....Do you hunt "Baited" animals?

No discussion required on the legality/morality of the practice.

Is it legal in your state to do it.......and do you?

Yes. It's legal in my state.

No. I don't do it.

mobow 04-07-2008 07:18 AM

RE: Simple question....Do you hunt "Baited" animals?

Missouri would lock me up and throw away the key.

OHbowhntr 04-07-2008 07:20 AM

Yes. It's legal in my state.

No. I don't do it.

Deleted User 04-07-2008 07:22 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

GMMAT 04-07-2008 07:24 AM

Does that outlook fly in the face of the "fair chase" argument? Would you enter a buck into P&Y with that outlook?

racewayking 04-07-2008 07:25 AM

Illegal in Illinois and don't do it. Have hunted Wisconsin where it is legal but didn't like the concept of baiting.
Here in Illinois I heard the Dekalb County Warden busted a guy for eating an apple and throwing it on the ground while hunting and called it baiting. Now I'm afraid to eat in my stand, hahaha.

GR8atta2d 04-07-2008 07:28 AM

I have,
I've hunted in Texas with an outfitter. There were active feeders that we watched from a distance (this was a rifle hunt, one feeder was 200 yards away and one was like 150 yards away from the stand I hunted from I killed a buck the second sit). He was not at either feeder, but the doesn't mean that he wasn't intending on going there!

I also have a desire to hunt Bear in Canada. That would most likely 98%be a baited hunt.

How many of us have made mineral sites for our game-cam pre-season?? You think those minerals just vanish by opening day?

This question begs of, elite-ism and those that answer No, should think very carefully about food plots and other actions that could be baiting in the eyes of a true purest.

James Vee 04-07-2008 07:31 AM

Yes, and yes. :D

TEmbry 04-07-2008 07:33 AM

I hunt ag fields, usually corn and beans, as well as acorn trees and water sources, so yes I do hunt baited animals.

While I dont throw out a corn pile anymore, I dont get confused in thinking I am not hunting baited animals.

This September Ill be hunting pronghorn from a blind over waterholes, Baited.
In 2 or 3 falls Ill be hunting black bear from a blind or treestand over a bait site, Baited.

GMMAT 04-07-2008 07:34 AM

This question begs of, elite-ism and those that answer No, should think very carefully about food plots and other actions that could be baiting in the eyes of a true purest.
I don't entirely disagree. The question doesn't beg of it.....how one answers, does.

I simply wonder how we come to terms with what we consider "baiting". Is there a line in the sand that can't be crossed......if one is to say he doesn't hunt "baited" animals?