HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What do you do when hunting buddy is fibbing? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/241094-what-do-you-do-when-hunting-buddy-fibbing.html)

Swift Arrow 04-06-2008 06:13 PM

What do you do when hunting buddy is fibbing?

Your huntingbuddy has an 07 Drenalin that he claims is getting 317 fps through a chrono with a normal hunting setup and at least a 360 grain arrow and a 29" draw legnth @71 lbs. What would you do?

twildasin 04-06-2008 06:22 PM

RE: What do you do when hunting buddy is fibbing?

easy fix go see it then you will know for yourself!

Rob/PA Bowyer 04-06-2008 08:03 PM

I have a chrono, I'm a show me person. I'd call BS, show me.

907Alaska 04-06-2008 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I have a chrono, I'm a show me person. I'd call BS, show me.
Same for me...just show me.

popeandyoungchaser 04-06-2008 11:03 PM

I'd call it B#$%-S#!%!!! Then I would tell him to wait till I get my waders on so we can walk over to the chrony!!!

OHbowhntr 04-06-2008 11:28 PM

I'll call a "SPADE" a "SPADE." I got a buddy who doesn't really know much about bows who claimed his 60# bow was shooting 2219's with 150 Snuffers 308fps. I kindly explained that he didn't completely understand what IBO meant, and he said "Well the guy at the shop said it would shoot 308fps...." At this point,I just laughed and walked away. Can't fix STUPID!!!!

popeandyoungchaser 04-06-2008 11:33 PM

"Here's your sign", right Doug?!!!!

idahoelkinstructor 04-07-2008 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

I'll call a "SPADE" a "SPADE." I got a buddy who doesn't really know much about bows who claimed his 60# bow was shooting 2219's with 150 Snuffers 308fps. I kindly explained that he didn't completely understand what IBO meant, and he said "Well the guy at the shop said it would shoot 308fps...." At this point,I just laughed and walked away. Can't fix STUPID!!!!
Well actually you can, many many people have no clue when it comes to arrow and bullet speeds. They go into a store like Cabelas or Sportsmans Warehouse and think the people there are the experts. When in fact many don't know their hind end from a hole in the ground. I have even seen a few guys in Pro shop who are suppose to be experts not know what they are really doing. I start out by nicely telling your friend or friends they are wrong, then when they don't believe you challenge them to a little bet. After you win and they are standing there with their mouths open try to explain why you won the bet. In the case of archery if they will let you try to explain what IBO means. Most archers don't have a clue as to what it really means. They just think the higher the number the better. Of course some friends will not listen anddon't want to learn the why's and how's and in that case well they are stupid and no you can't fix it. lol One last thing don't forget to collect the winning on your bet.

ozbowhunter 04-07-2008 03:15 AM

chrony his ass :Dbs i think

Dixon 04-07-2008 04:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
I'm a show me person. I'd call BS, show me.
Same.