Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So I'm getting a new bow... >

So I'm getting a new bow...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So I'm getting a new bow...

Old 04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default So I'm getting a new bow...

I'll soon add a Katera to the collection.

I've tried the bowtech thing and I'm at my wits end, I've never wanted to throw a bow so badly in my life. If the 82nd makes it through the weekend without being run over by a dozer... it'll be a miracle. Maybe I've got the lemon, but this thing has been the most troublesome bow I've ever handled. My 1994 Bear Whitetail with wheels and steel cablestuned better than this bow. All the specs are PERFECT... ATA, brace height, string length, cable length, tiller is perfect, draw stops are exact... the bow will not tune. Period. It won't bare shaft, it won't broadhead tune, and it still feels like I have about 20% let-off.

I've done everything, added twists to the strings and cables, taken twists out... you name it. I took everything off of the bow today and completely started over and achieved the same results. I have a buddy that sets up about30 bows a year, and we spent 4 hours working on it today... he can't figure it outeither.

I tuned a 101st today the same way that I've tuneddozens of bows, it took all of 10 minutes. It stacks BH's, bare shafts and fieldpoints. For some reason, my bow will not do this.

Anybody have any clue?Scott, Matt, Rob...If any of you guys think you can figure it out, I'll keep it and ship it to you. But as for medoing ANYTHING else to this bow, I'm done. It's a shame because I liked the bow, I like my buddies'82nds and 101st, but this particular bow isn't"cutting the mustard".
Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So I'm getting a new bow...

How about trying the stiffest arrow you could find.That bow shoots HARD and needs an extremely stiff shaft.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

If spine isn't the issue,when I usually have a tuning issue,the rest is an area I pay close attention too if all else fails to yield results.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not that I know much, but I was thinking the same thing in regards to the spine as I've heard a couple other guys needing to up their spine to get better tunability. The CAMS are HARSH, you should've expected a pretty harsh draw with a short valley with that bow, that's where all that speed is coming from. Unfortunately, you're not the first guy I know who's been disappointed with this bow, on line or in person, I know a few both places that just weren't as happy with it as they were hoping. Granted the one knucklehead went from shooting a60# matthews to trying to shoot a 70# 82nd, so either way he was probably not prepared for the BIG CHANGE in draw, speed, and forgiveness. If it's not the shooter or the tune, you might still be able to re-coup something by putting in out F/T for a Katera on AT.com classifieds or someplace. I know there ARE guys looking for them, wanting to change things up a bit. You might find the right one and be good to go on a trade for what you're looking for.

Good Luck, either way!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly I don't understand the issue unless you indeed did get a lemon. Ya'll have seen the way mine shoots, it's flawless with the CXLSS's I'm shooting and before that, ACC's.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did you ever measure peak weight and holding weight like we spoke about?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

What Arrow are you shooting? Tip, length etc?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer Dubbya, sounds like an arrow problem to me also, alot of KE from thembowsbut Im sure you tried that by now.
I got a shooters bow (freebee) some years ago that had mismatched MODs and limbs, Like to drove me nuts. It went back.
Im sure Rob, Matt or one of the otherscould get it straightened out, Robs busting 57X 300s with his, which is awesome for a short ATA, reflexed riser, low BH bow.
Good luck with whichever one you end up with.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well if it is an arrow problem that doesn't say much for the guy who sets bows up or the shooter. I'll give ya the benifit of doubt and say it's a mechanical problem maybe a bent axel.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Should've bought a High Country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.