Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So I'm getting a new bow... >

So I'm getting a new bow...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So I'm getting a new bow...

Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So I'm getting a new bow...

pm sent
Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Should've bought a High Country.
Got any advice that won't just make things worse?

Dubbya, what aredraw weight, arrow setup, rest, etc. Send me the bow. I'll see what I can do with it. At the very least, someone here should be able to get this straightened out. Whatever the solution may be.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

Well if it is an arrow problem that doesn't say much for the guy who sets bows up or the shooter. I'll give ya the benifit of doubt and say it's a mechanical problem maybe a bent axel.
Alot of people out there trying to tune these bows off of the arrow chart specs when they need to go to a stiffer spine. It's a common mistake, I know to check it, you might know to check it, but people are doing it just the same on a daily basis.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:58 AM

Brother......maybe that bow just doesn't fit you. I don't mean DL and weight, that kind of stuff......Maybe that bow just isn't a good match for you, ya know what I mean?? We all shoot some bows better than others, and maybe this one just isn't "you're bow"......

I'm certainly a Hoyt fan, but I've shot the bowtech's, friends of mine obviously own bowtechs.....and they sell a ton of them, so......either you did indeed get a lemon, or it just isn't the right bow for you.

If you like your Vectrix, dude....you will absolutely LOVE the Katera. I will admit the 6" brace scared me a little, so I went w/ the VectrixPlus.....but I've shot the Katera, and it's simply amazing.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Either you got a lemon or you just can't shoot it. I picked up an 82nd when they first came out and had it stacking arrows and busting nocks in under 10 shots.

Sorry you're having trouble.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dustin.

You planning on coming to DFW next weekend if you are drop in and I will see what I can do.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

ORIGINAL: nodog

Well if it is an arrow problem that doesn't say much for the guy who sets bows up or the shooter. I'll give ya the benifit of doubt and say it's a mechanical problem maybe a bent axel.
Alot of people out there trying to tune these bows off of the arrow chart specs when they need to go to a stiffer spine. It's a common mistake, I know to check it, you might know to check it, but people are doing it just the same on a daily basis.
It should show up as a spine issue shouldn't it? Even if it didn't I wouldn't be ready to toss a bow without trying different arrows/spine. The guy who sets bows up should be aware of spine issues.

I just don't want to talk down to the guy. He claims to know what he's doing, so be it.

This conversation is a good heads up for those that want to shoot the bow. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

that sucks
Old 04-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Should've bought a High Country.
Hold on I'll send you a tuning fork, just slap some limbs on it and a string

Dubbya I got my ROSS to tune with Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrow. With my new FMJ, no dice. They are a little weak. Have you tried a different arrow?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dubbya I work on bows for a living and I haven't seen too terribly many that won't tune. There is always an underlying cause. 90% of the time the issue is either in the arrow or the shooter. 10% you may have a structural issue such as a bent axle or limb twist or something else not painstakingly obvious, but certainly fatal to performance.

My advice is to honestly go with another bow... here is why.... so much of archery is confidence not just in yourself but in your equipment. It sounds to me like you are having big time regret/issues/problems with your bow, and that itself is enough to make performance suffer.

I'd CALL Bowtech (not pro-staffers but the actual company in Oregon who designs and makes the things) and bounce ideas around with them. They may well have seen something like this before, or heck maybe they will want to look at it and will give you an RA so they can give it a once over (for the price they had better). The first Marquis that came through our shop this year was a lemon... and no matter what company you are dealing with... you will see a Lemon from time to time... I've even seen it with Leupold scopes.... give them a ring and see what they will do for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.