Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My 2 mile truck ride in Michigan today... >

My 2 mile truck ride in Michigan today...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 2 mile truck ride in Michigan today...

Old 04-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My 2 mile truck ride in Michigan today...

Hey guys...weather cracked and hit 60 degrees today so all the Michigan people were out cutting their lawns and raking......I think their nuts...

Anyway...I loaded the wife, the baby girls... and Ruger & Cheyenne (my labs) into the Dodge and we went 2 miles to my father-in-laws place...This is next door to a section I deer hunt...the other piece is in the thumb of Michigan...

Sooooo....come along for a truck ride with me in the bed of the truck....the wife was driving....she still thinks we're all nuts on this forum...[8D]

All pics taken while moving....4:15 PM and the critters were on the move....
Note - Always carry a digital camera...always....why not? they fit in your pocket...

When we arrived Ruger & Cheyenne were ready to go....!!![8D]

When we got there the girls played together....Brooklyn...the older girl on the right can hit a deer mount on the wall at 8 feet with a suction cup bow weighted at 4 pounds...she's a natural!!!hahahah

The little one on the left is a rebel..(Abbie)..she will wake you up at 3AM and I think she will be the one that will cause me to clean guns when she brings her first boyfriend home...!!

So we headed back on our 2 mile ride..Ruger still has his (clock-weights)..hahha...so... here he is scent checking for any female within 1 mile

The wife locks up the brakes on the Dodge!!...SHES A NATURAL!!....she yells... Turkey!!..And Michigan jumps to the side for a nice shot of a HEN.

As we round the bend....at 250 yards the deer were filling up after a long long winter.....

Thanks for spending the day with me ..and joining me on my 2 mile truck ride!!!

Michigan
Old 04-05-2008, 07:22 PM

Default RE: My 2 mile truck ride in Michigan today...

nice picks buddy. give me a ring sometime. I want to hear about the new Springfield.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Sweet Man! Sounds like a great day.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok big buddy...L8KER is my best hunting buddy...we started stomping ground in 1987 when we were 13 years old....now at 34 we still hunt, trade stories, and spend time at the range playing with our toys...

L8KER and I are also avid gun hunters.....Please welcome L8KER!....If there is some kind of circle of trust on the forum..which I think there is.... because this is a nice Home for all of us........L8KER should be with us!!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

what a nice day....way to get the family involved with the outdoors
Old 04-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Steven.......RUN FOREST ........RUN..............

HAHAHHA Love it!!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats cool bro, I too have two little girls and my littlest is 1 1/2 her name is Abby, I fully understand about the guns and boyfriends....
Old 04-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oil Patch - Thats why I love this forum..we all come together and have something in common....

If you have her on the suction cup bow make sure she doesn't draw it and stick her head in it...Brooklyn was doing this today and I had to have some discussion.

Now she uses a release...J/K!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice pics. Today I went trout fishing. I should have some pics to share. Too bad the batteries went dead BEFORE I caught a 17" brown trout. oh well. Hope to post some picsSunday.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 PM

Thanks Bri. I love you and the girls, you know you are family to us. Call me Sunday.

Quick Reply: My 2 mile truck ride in Michigan today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.