HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Someone took out my bright eyes! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/240807-someone-took-out-my-bright-eyes.html)

Hoytail Hunter 04-04-2008 05:24 PM

Someone took out my bright eyes!

...and it's just a little disheartening thatsomeone would mess with a fellow hunter's hunting. Why? Does he feel better knowing that someone will stumble around in the dark a little extra long to find their tree?

This reminds me of the time someone sabbotaged my bow rope by cutting it and leaving just a few strands.

Some people just suck.

hatcher88 04-04-2008 05:33 PM

RE: Someone took out my bright eyes!

Had the same problem man, i had bright eyes up that led me through the swamp and to this island that had tons of deer activity. I went in one evening and when I tried to leave at dark I could not find my way. If you know anything about swamp...it gets very tricky if you don't know exactly where to go. Luckily I had my cell phone and was able to call for help or I would have been lost for quite some time

magicman54494 04-04-2008 05:42 PM

I hunt National Forest land and I am sick of all the markers left in the woods. I pull down all that ugly flagging tape all the time. That crap ruins the beauty of the woods and I consider it litter. I don't use it and I seem to find my way to my stand.

Hoytail Hunter 04-04-2008 06:45 PM

hmmm, I never thought about it that way butI don't consider reflective tacks as litter.They're so little and don't really get in anybody's way. Hey let me ask you this... Ifbright eyes aren't illegal, why mess with them? If you dotake them downthough they are presumably legal, then what would stop you from removing someone's legal mineral lick?

Marylandbowhunter 04-04-2008 06:50 PM

some federal land I hunt they are not legal . I pull them out all the time . It is sad that some people need that many tacks in the woods to find a tree .

Germ 04-04-2008 06:52 PM

GPS;)

hatchet jack 04-04-2008 06:55 PM

Oh boy a can of worms!!! I don't like the tape myself! I have no problem with the tacks. If the tacks were old Hoytail they do rust and fall off the tree. They are made of cheap steel and rust real easy, Maybe thats what happen.

Hatchet Jack

blackfish 04-04-2008 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Marylandbowhunter

some federal land I hunt they are not legal . I pull them out all the time . It is sad that some people need that many tacks in the woods to find a tree .
If you hunted the scrub oak like I have where I live it is very diffacult to find your stand with out them and i spend more time in the woods i hunt then anyone in fact nobody goes where i go cause of that so i find them very helpful even stands i have hunted for 30 years

magicman54494 04-04-2008 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

hmmm, I never thought about it that way butI don't consider reflective tacks as litter.They're so little and don't really get in anybody's way. Hey let me ask you this... Ifbright eyes aren't illegal, why mess with them? If you dotake them downthough they are presumably legal, then what would stop you from removing someone's legal mineral lick?
I've found trails that were marked with over 60 tacks.[:'(]
I don't have a problem with using a little descretion. A guy I know puts 3 In the tree he wants to hunt from and maybe a few here and there along the way. I also agree that the tacks are much better then the flagging tape. I also see flagging tape and tacks that were abandond and not removed. UGLY!!!!! My point is I don't ugly up the woods for other people so I wish they wouldn't do it to me.

If you don't put out a lot of tacks maybe I won't find your mineral lick.:D

BowHuntingFool 04-04-2008 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I hunt National Forest land and I am sick of all the markers left in the woods. I pull down all that ugly flagging tape all the time. That crap ruins the beauty of the woods and I consider it litter. I don't use it and I seem to find my way to my stand.
I agree wether it be State land or federal land I can't stand it! If I'm not mistaken it might be illegal here in Wisconsin to use the markers that are stuck into the trees!