Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Someone took out my bright eyes! >

Someone took out my bright eyes!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Someone took out my bright eyes!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Someone took out my bright eyes!

ORIGINAL: Germ

GPS

Problem solved!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said, Can of worms!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Spike

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: hatcher88

Well said WesternMdHardwoods, it's gonna be real nice when someone gets lost and possibly dies because they had a few key tacks that made sure they were on the right trail, and one of these guys that can see in the dark decides "he" doesn't need that!!
[/blockquote]

Oh give me a break. The guy with the bright eyes all over the woods doesn't go deep enough to die. If you belong in the woods you won't keep walking into never never land. You'll say after about 2 tacks, "This isn't right, wait for daylight".

Well buddy, come down and hunt in the swamps of louisiana and lets see how much of a woodsman you are...in the incident I listed before...i had tacks out about every hundred yards to get me through the swamp and to the island...when i came out at dark the tacks were not there so in pitch dark I did not know which spot I needed to walk out of the island...and where i was at there was one spot that lead back to the trail...if you werent on it then you would not get back to the trail...but i guess i should just give up huntin because im not the true "woodsman"...now I agree with the flaggin tape...but a tact that you can only see with a light here or there just to make sure you are on the right path isnt destroying mother nature...if you are so concerned with nature maybe you should stop shooting animals
Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Dominant Buck

[blockquote]quote:

Well said WesternMdHardwoods, it's gonna be real nice when someone gets lost and possibly dies because they had a few key tacks that made sure they were on the right trail, and one of these guys that can see in the dark decides "he" doesn't need that!!
[/blockquote]

Oh give me a break. The guy with the bright eyes all over the woods doesn't go deep enough to die. If you belong in the woods you won't keep walking into never never land. You'll say after about 2 tacks, "This isn't right, wait for daylight".

Well buddy, come down and hunt in the swamps of louisiana and lets see how much of a woodsman you are...in the incident I listed before...i had tacks out about every hundred yards to get me through the swamp and to the island...when i came out at dark the tacks were not there so in pitch dark I did not know which spot I needed to walk out of the island...and where i was at there was one spot that lead back to the trail...if you werent on it then you would not get back to the trail...but i guess i should just give up huntin because im not the true "woodsman"...now I agree with the flaggin tape...but a tact that you can only see with a light here or there just to make sure you are on the right path isnt destroying mother nature...if you are so concerned with nature maybe you should stop shooting animals
I hunted the swamps of Vietnam for 2 years. I hunted the swamps of Georgia for 8 years. I've hunted the alder swamps and big woods of the Adirondacks for 50 plus years. In the Adirondacks you can walk in a straight line for 25 miles and never hit a road, trail or sign of civilization or even a crawdad fry. I think with my back ground I could manage to manuver in Louisana without much problem. Everyone thinks their world is so tough. It's all just the great out doors.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

hunted the swamps of Vietnam for 2 years.
All BS aside, I love you. I'm a retired Navy Master Chief, seen my combat time. Doesn't matter what you post from this point on. I love you!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are some people on here saying it isn't right to put tacks up on a trail to get in and out of there stand sites and then take them down when your done?
Old 04-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I hate is those tacks on my land, leading off of state land, knowing some knucklehead is blue printing is way on to my land for my deer. I rip more down evey year.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Spike

Well argueing about this topic is getting no where...you have your opinions and I have mine...i don't think it's a problem to put up a few tacks to get in and out of my stand...until it becomes illegal I am going to do it, you don't and thats fine
Old 04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

I dont like to see that in national forest either. However, I would not want to be the one caught pulling down legal ribbons put there as part of a timber sale, which can be prevelent even in the deepest back country. Someone may have paid good money to have the land surveyed!!!!
The trees are painted to mark timber sales or cut areas in the national forest I hunt.
As is with where I hunt within the bounderies of the sale. The new skid roads and bounderies are marked with tape. I am wondering what my bear spot will look like this spring, I have a corner marker right on the ridge of my baitsite that is a small sign marking the sale.....We shall see!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

people have done this to me both on public land AND private. It made me soo mad.... and the worst part iswhen youknow that it's other hunters ruining it for a fellow outdoorsman