Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just wanted to share some sad news. >

Just wanted to share some sad news.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just wanted to share some sad news.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Just wanted to share some sad news.

Today at work i read on our local news about a house fire that killed 10 people. I wanted to share this because it hit me hardbecause i am a father. My son just turned one and reading aboutall ofthe young kids that died really makes upset. I just want all of you to hug your kids today because you never know when something like this can happen. Prayers are needed for the two that made it out alive. This took place pretty close to my hunting camp. Here is the story..

Police: 10 Dead In Jefferson Co. Fire
BROCKWAY (KDKA) ― Officials are searching for the cause of anovernighthouse fire that killed 10 people in a rural Jefferson County community.

The fire started just after 2:40 a.m. in the single-family home along Pershing Avenue in Brockway Borough.

According to investigators, a total of 10 people were killed in the fire, including nine people from the same family.

At a press conference this afternoon, officials identified the victims as 40-year-old Kimberly Peterson, along with five her children, Douglas Peterson III, 13, Isaac Peterson, 8, Grace Peterson, 6, Lillian Peterson, 11 months and 17-year-old Rebecca Peterson and her 4-month-old daughter Kaylin Watson.

Officials say 20-year-old Elizabeth Peterson escaped the flames by jumping out of the second floor of the home, but her children – 4-year-old Dominic DeLullo and 2-year-old Desirre DeLullo died.

The fire also claimed the life of 19-year-old Jason Mowry, who was a family friend from Brockway.

But authorities say Kimberly's 11-year-old son, James Peterson, also escaped the flames.

Also, authorities say the two survivors were hospitalized.

Officials report that three fire marshals were called to the scene this morning to investigate the cause.

The fire does not appear to be suspicious.

Meanwhile, the Brockway School District says they are providing grief counselors to the children.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just wanted to share some sad news.

thanks for the sad news
Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

I seen that too. It is horrible. I work at a Steel Mill and we are always getting E-mails about safety. One I got a week or so ago was about those Glade Plug in Air fresheners. They are becoming a home fire starter. Most people plug them in and forget about them, once the liquid is evaporated, the heat has no where to dissipate, so the plastic gets hot, melts and the internal wire shorts and starts a flame. I made my wife give them up. Also ask your loved ones do they know how to put out grease fire. Youwill be surprised. My Wife had no idea! I thought everbody knew that.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 PM

WOW....as a father of two, I am hit hard by this story as well.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow very sad!!! Prayers go out to the familys!!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that is a horrible tradgedy. But why would the 20 year old mother jump out of the house and leave her kids. If I had children I don't think I could bring myself to do that. I would probably die trying to get to them.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

Wow that is a horrible tradgedy. But why would the 20 year old mother jump out of the house and leave her kids. If I had children I don't think I could bring myself to do that. I would probably die trying to get to them.
X2 but that might just be her story who knows maybe she is some bipolar psycho (like the women who drowned her kids) makes my skin crawl some of the wackos out there![&:]