Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need your Opinion, Please. >

I need your Opinion, Please.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need your Opinion, Please.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I need your Opinion, Please.

Who makes the best target for the money?? (Edit) What brand/model target. With my limited income, I want something i can get maximum usage out of and a good quality target.

Ryan.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need your Opinion, Please.

Are we talkin' broadhead target or feild point, and how much do you shoot?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Feild points only and every day after work/school for maybe 15-20 shots per day.

Ryan.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

For that type of shooting a Morrel's range bag should last an awful awful long time. I think they are between 50 and $65 at Cabela's. That is my choice for a Field point target. If you feel the range bag model is too large for your usagethere is a smaller model that is cheaper, I believe.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

For that type of shooting a Morrel's range bag should last an awful awful long time. I think they are between 50 and $65 at Cabela's. That is my choice for a Field point target. If you feel the range bag model is too large for your usagethere is a smaller model that is cheaper, I believe.
I agree, the Outdoor Range that I have has had THOUSANDS of shots without one single pass-through. They make it in a smaller version....

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;hasJS=true

And it should last FOREVER if you keep it dry, and "fluff" the stuffing every now and then.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'll look into it and probablly buy one.

Ryan.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Spike

I can vouch for Morrels as well. Just bought one myself for the same kind of usage. Its relatively heavy and can stand on its own which is nice.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to look into making a target also. If you have access to the supplies, you could make a really good target for free. My dad gets shrink wrap from his work and stuff a bag full of it. It stops an arrow pretty darn good and when it starts getting weak he just gets more shrink wrap and stuffs another bag. For bags, he uses old bean seed bags. It is hard to be for nothing. Also, I have a buddy of mine that made one out of old card board boxes. He cut ply wood for the bottom and ran two threaded studs up and then started layering broke down card board boxes. He put another piece of ply wood on the top and then secured it with nuts. When the target starts getting a little weak, he cranks the nuts down and it is good as new. He has been shooting this target now for 3 years and it is still stopping arrows as good (if not better) than most store bought ones. Just wanted to throw that out there since you said you are on a limited income.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am having real good luck with both my blockand my block 4X4.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

The block and the knock-off blocks made for Gander Mountain, Dicks etc..Will hold up well on field points, plus take a lot of abuse from broadheads.

Quick Reply: I need your Opinion, Please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.