Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ted nugent..friend or foe? again.. >

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Old 02-20-2003, 09:57 AM

Default RE: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Ohhhh YA! Ted get' s my vote. I love his enthusiasm.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:21 AM

Ben...one thing i dont like is being called a liar..now it is obvious that you idolize this man..now im just a teen what do i know..but i think somebody is in love....Me having read his book twice(god, guns and rock and roll)...I dont remember exactly but read the chapter titled something along the lines of " rare and unbelieveable shots ive made" Just read the whole thing and then youll see the part about his astounding shots at a ram 800yards and other tales of stupidity would tell you the exact name but i am at my grandmas house right now and dont have a copy.....Read it....Enjoy.. and while your at it..go to hell
-jon
Old 02-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ted as a role model. Is this the same guy that has a couple marriges break up because he couldn' t keep it in his pants. On his VH1 Bio, he admitted to being a sex addict. I stopped visiting his message board because it' s a joke.

From the reactions I have seen from Non- Hunters his attitude turns more of them off then on, there the ones that will determine the future of hunting.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Ben...one thing i dont like is being called a liar..now it is obvious that you idolize this man..now im just a teen what do i know..but i think somebody is in love
No one called you a liar. I am not asking you to like or dislike anyone. I just stated I have read his books,along with alot of others not by Ted, I do not recall that in there nor would I think that Ted or any one would expect any other shooter to beleive that shot. I believe in alot of what Ted does. Who is your idol? What have they done for the sport?
Now that I know your just a teen,(actually I should have known by your responce)
what have you done for the sport, what will you continue to do?
Not to put you down, but your teenage mentality shows right through in your responce, The gay accusations and such, there is a BIG difference between love and respect.I will not even entertain such dribble. I have a ton of respect of anyone who abides by the law, speaks their mind and does right for a good cause. Ted among many others have my respect, some I like and some I dont, but they have earned my respect.

Read it....Enjoy.. and while your at it..go to hell
Quite frankly, No thanks, reading your responce put me as close to there as I want to be

Just remember that you do not have to agree with me, Ted, Drury Bros. or anyone to have respect for them and what they do. Heck, I dont own anything with Ted singing or playing on it. I love rock but never really cared for Teds music. I respect him for being a guitar player,but his music never really did anything for me. Always liked my music a little harder. I will refrain from any other statements that I was going to go into now that I know your in your teens. I do have enough sence to know when I am to be an adult. Oh, had you been a grown man, we may have had to meet so you could express yourself in person, and take what comes with telling someone to go to hell

Take care. If you want some good reading check out Charles J. Alsheimer , he writes some great Hunting books. Or James A Swans Phd" In Defence of Hunting.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

I don' t think much of his music or his style and he may very well be a bit weird and uncouth but I like his shows because they show things the way they are and his forays so far have not shocked or upset me.

Besides . . . It sure beats listening to the ALPHABET NETWORKS [8D]
Old 02-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t care for him. Just because he is a celebrity that endorses hunting doesn' t insulate him from being an idiot, which he is by the way. He has an incredibly smug and arrogant tone about him that I can' t stand. As far as whether he helps or hurts us, well as far as the anti' s go I don' t think he has any impact. They hate hunting and would whether he existed or not. As far as his abilities to influence politicians I once again don' t think he helps or hurts. I' ve seen him on numerous talk panels and found him to be ignorant and inarticulate. I cannot fathom how he has garnered this reputation as a great spokesman. I know 8 year old kids who could debate him into a crack in the wall. Where I feel he hurts us is with people who are neutral about hunting. He personafies the very image of the unethical, uncaring, yahoo goober that hunters have been saddled with years. In fact I' m certain that the only reason talk shows have him on at all is to add a touch of Jerry Springer style controversy to their shows. The things he brags about in this book are proof positive of his ignorance and blatent disregard for the ethical killing of the game he hunts. Bottem line, if this guy couldn' t play a guitar no one would give a rats A$$ what he says. If he had to survive on brain power he would be pumping gas somewhere.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:04 PM

The bottom line is: Sometimes you must take the bad with the good. He may not act rationally sometimes, but he is who he is. He fights for hunter' s rights. Sure he has more resources than we do, but so does Bill Jordan, Toxey Haas, and others who don' t do a damn thing to help the cause. Unfortunately too many hunters fall into the category of not doing everything they can to keep this sport strong and great. However, I' m not sure you could say that about Ted, he gives 110% everyday.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Todd1700 wrote: I know 8 year old kids who could debate him into a crack in the wall
Excuse me their todd, Do you live in Pine Hill, or is it Backwoods, Alabama. Also todd name that 8 year old that can " debate him into a crack in the wall" and you can' t count yourself. One more question, are you and deerhntr1213 in the same grade?

Todd wrote: Where I feel he hurts us is with people who are neutral about hunting.
This makes NO SENSE and if it did, WHO CARES! How is someone neutral about hunting going to hurt us? Please inform us....

Oh no, a sex addict. He is a bad man. I guess that makes me a bad man too! I guess I' ll see ya in hell Ben!
Old 02-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

I have nothing good to say about Ted, but I have nothing bad to say about him either. I dont put people I dont know personaly on a pedestool above myself, I never did. As far as Ted is concearned, he is just a fellow Bowhunter...and just in case he is in secret identity on this forum, I just want to say...Welcome to the board Ted
Old 02-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Uncle Ted. He does allot for hunting in general, and the outdoor lifestyle. He takes the time to help kids get a start in shooting and fishing. His summer camp for kids is a great thing. He took a young man bowhunting who had been denied a trip by Make A Wish. To me, these types of things are the important stuff. Maybe he wouldn' t get the press he does, were he an average guy. But if any of you that dislike Ted were famous; would you do as much as he does to promote our rights as hunters?
Todd1700, to say Ted is inarticulate and ignorant makes me think you are coming from one of two slants. You' ve never heard him speak or read anything he' s written, or you don' t get it. He says what he says in no uncertain terms. Some people can' t handle the plain truth, with no words minced.
deerhntr1213, no need to get personal here. Ben makes some good points. Stick to the topic and you' ll get heard.

Quick Reply: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.