Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ted nugent..friend or foe? again.. >

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Old 02-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

I think if Ted " calmed down" that his negative traits would definitely become less noteable. However, his positive traits would as well. I think his heart is in the right place even if I don' t agree with some of the things he does. His actions are all within the limits of the law and when he takes some of the questioned shots that he takes he is 100% sure in his mind that he can make it successful. I' m sure there are shots that I take that others would question, but I wouldn' t take them if I wasn' t sure of myself. Bottom line he is on our side so we should either support him or leave him be, because I sure wouldn' t want someone that committed against us.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is a possibility that if he calmed down he might not be heard by as many people! He uses this to his advantage, been doing it for years. If he wasn' t loud he would just fall thru the cracks and be heard by a chosen few. Like...? Might I ask who else speaks out as he does for sportsman?[:-][:-][:-][:-]
Old 02-18-2003, 02:21 PM

Yes Ted is crazy and wacko, but he does not hurt our sport, if nothing else he is a celebrity that gets out there and fights for our God Given Right to hunt. Name me one more celebrity(besides C. Heston) that will stand up to the anti' s and voice their opinion. You can' t do it. Ted is not the best role model, I agree, but I' m not going to ask him to change and become a " Gentleman" just to look appealing to non-hunters. I really think this whole issue gets blown out of proportion. There is not some huge group of people sitting out there waiting for a hunter to screw up so they can get off the fence and vote against hunting. It will never happen. Maybe a few liberal states like California, but who cares about CA anyway Who cares what Ted does, really? I like a little change, something different. I guess you would rather watch some boring " Gentlemen" hunter who always makes perfect heart shots and watches the deer expire cleanly and humanely? Well that not reality and it never will be. Some people make bad shots, some people make stupid decisions, thats hunting. Either join us or get out of the way.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:22 PM

huntingbry...i dont care if your an olympic shooter of the mega-verse..NOBODY IS 100% sure that they are going to hit a turkey vulture soaring above your head..Not to mention 800yards..give a seasoned lifetime shooter a high powered rifle and they wouldn' t be able to make a 800 yard shot accurately sure they may get lucky like uncle ted and hit em in the bum...but even wose..he was using a 9mm PISTOL!![] AND NOONE IS FOR SURE THAT A.22 BULLET WILL CLEANLY KILL ANY GAME ANIMAL ABOVE 10lbs!!! unless of course your a shiner who aims for the brain....Gimme a break ted..i like ya but calm down...way down.and sure dont brag about stupidity like this,,, we know an 800yard shot with a pistol is not greatness it is an act of irresponsibility that happened to get lucky..by a narrow margin....[:@]Great now i get to go get my wisdom teeth removed..how fun[&:]
ttygl
-Jon
Old 02-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

I enjoy watchin his huntin show. but that guy is waaaay to weird for me.
including his music! but a lot of us need to be more like him, as far as
not caring about what peta thinks! sometime we act like we' re afraid
we' re goin to step on their little fragil toes.[8D]
Old 02-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Be a voice and be heard..... Be silent and be ignored!
Old 02-18-2003, 05:08 PM

Ted is the man....
i really like his blunt striat to the point attitude. He goes for the throat, streight threw the bush insdead of beating around it . there is no what if' s in his vocabulary. point blank and to the point.
i also love his music, especially his older stuff.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

This doesn' t matter much to the debate but a .22 will kill a deer cleanly. But so will a slingshot if you hit it hard behind the ear.

I killed a 150 pound sow hog with a .22 when I was 15. I was hunting on a WMA and a .22 or " small game arms" was all you could use. One shot at about 20 yards quartering away behind the shoulder did the job. She ran about 30 yards before she dropped. On the same trip my friend got a big hog with one shot of 2-3/4" #6 shot. I' m not saying it' s the best and consistant hog rifle there is because it' s not. The only reason we brought those was because it was all the law would allow. But it worked. And apparently it still works because the law on WMA' s in my area hasn' t changed over the years.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-19-2003, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes , Ted does take every opportunity to debate with the antis. I would expect as much from any hunter. I would cherish the opportunity myself if given the chance.
Yes , he does good things for kids who want to hunt. If I had his income I would try and do good things for all kids! We need more people with his intestinal fortitude to stand up for what they believe in , but we need people who can communicate their beliefs in the english language. I' m not gonna sell out my morals and say I like Ted Nugent because he represents hunting when I know full well what else he stands for! Spend enough time at his website and you' ll quickly learn what I' m talking about.

Quick Reply: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.