HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Searching for the perfect hunting quiver!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/240278-searching-perfect-hunting-quiver.html)

TexasBowHunter 04-01-2008 12:09 PM

Searching for the perfect hunting quiver!!!

OK, I bought a new bow (new to me) 07 commander, bought it from a gentleman here at HNI, it has most everything on it except for sights and a quiver. I have the sights picked out that I am going to put on it, however I am having a tough time finding a quiver thatI like, the one I have on my bow now is a hoyt removable, I loveit but they don't make this particular one anymore. I am not getting rid of this bow at this time, so do youguys have any suggestions on a new removable quiver, I need one that is removable but will not make noise if left on the bow.....Give me your suggestions....Please

DeerStalker80 04-01-2008 12:18 PM

RE: Searching for the perfect hunting quiver!!!

I have the alpine soft lock 5 arrow quiver. I love it makes no noise and locks in great check it out I love mine.

TexasBowHunter 04-01-2008 12:22 PM

Stalker,I will look at them ....Thanks for the info

Rory/MO 04-01-2008 12:32 PM

ya i really like my alpine also

kwilson16 04-01-2008 12:35 PM

Actually, I had a great deal of trouble keeping my Alpine Soft Lock (3 arrow) from coming out of the rubber mounts. I usually happen when I set the bow on my lap or across the safety bar. I love the quiver but I use a black ziptie to keep it secure.

brucelanthier 04-01-2008 12:39 PM

I like my Vortxx 6 STX. Nothing touches the broadheads and the arrows roll out very easily. I don't have it on my bow but carry it on a sling so that it hangs at my side. Makes it very maneuvarable when moving through thicker brush.

mauser06 04-01-2008 01:17 PM

another vote for the alpine soft loc. i have the 3 arrow model...i love it. it has NEVER came off the rubber holder...really hard for it to accidently come off...guess it could...but mine hasnt in 2 years...i think i did read that if you take it on and off alot that the mounting bracket should be replaced..rubber will stretch and bend with time...

simple stupid method of getting it on and off...really a genious idea...and the rubber mount kills noise and shock that normally rattles and makes noise with some quivers..

i like mine...

txjourneyman 04-01-2008 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

Actually, I had a great deal of trouble keeping my Alpine Soft Lock (3 arrow) from coming out of the rubber mounts. I usually happen when I set the bow on my lap or across the safety bar. I love the quiver but I use a black ziptie to keep it secure.
I've never experienced a problem like that. I'm on my 3rd Alpine Soft-Lock. I now own one 5 arrow and one 3 arrow model. I love them! It takes a bit of effort to get them in and out of the holder. I wonder if you got a bad one?

jyanna 04-01-2008 03:49 PM

guys with the apline 3 arrow quiver do you guys know if they work well with teh rage 2blade expandables?

MOhunter46 04-01-2008 03:58 PM

vista ez loader if your going to shoot mechanicals