HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hoyt vs. Bowtech - Head to Head (with pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/240134-hoyt-vs-bowtech-head-head-pics.html)

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:31 PM

Hoyt vs. Bowtech - Head to Head (with pics)

Alright, so I got the 82nd back last week and have played with it a little bit since then. Buckeye helped me get some small things figured out. Tonight I decided it was time for the "DeCroo bow show-down".

I woke the two sleeping beauties from their sleep on my papasan chair. Immediately they started talking smack to eachother... The 82nd would say something like, "I hope your arrows make it to the target" and the Vectrix would reply with something to the effect of, "it doesn't matter how fast YOU shoot the arrows if they don't hit the block." After several minutes of bickering the Hoyt played the 'scoreboard card' and said "How many deer, turkeys, elk, pigs, rabbits, squirrels, blue grouse or anything else have you ever killed?" That's when it stopped.

For me this was about as honest a test as I could create. Same arrows, distance (23 yards), target, release, same conditions, same shooter, same day, same... everything. So here are the results.

Hoyt 1st Round-

Hoyt 2nd Round- 4 arrows, different nocks, missing fletches... etc

Bowtech 1st Round-

Bowtech 2nd Round- After an adjustment

Bowtech 3rd Round- After another adjustment

Bowtech Final Round- Before Quitting

So, long story short... the Hoyt beat the pants off the 82nd. No questions asked. No, I'm not selling the Bowtech... yet. I'll give it some honest TLC before she finds a new home. Anyway, just thought I'd share MY findings.

Germ 03-31-2008 05:33 PM

RE: Hoyt vs. Bowtech - Head to Head (with pics)

That should cover it

MN/Kyle 03-31-2008 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

So, long story short... the Hoyt beat the pants off the 82nd. No questions asked.
Surprised? Muahhahahaaaa. Good shootin';)

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

That should cover it
:D:D:D

Germ 03-31-2008 05:35 PM

BTW you bring that POS hoyt to the GTG, I have a ROSS with it's name on it:D I may bring out the Elite and really kick your arse:D

That's right I am calling you out little Debbie[:-]

MN/Kyle 03-31-2008 05:36 PM

BTW you bring that POS hoyt to the GTG, I have a ROSS with it's name on it:D
Germ, your ross has a new name on it everyday[:-]

buckeye 03-31-2008 05:37 PM

What were the bows setup specs? Arrow spine, draw weight etc, etc?

Did you get the "feel" you were looking for since your adjustments while shooting today?

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:38 PM

BTW you bring that POS hoyt to the GTG, I have a ROSS with it's name on it:D I may bring out the Elite and really kick your arse:D

That's right I am calling you out little Debbie[:-]
I'll show you Little Debbie alright. When I get done, you'll want to trade both your bows in on a lifetime supply of Swiss Rolls.:D

Germ 03-31-2008 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

BTW you bring that POS hoyt to the GTG, I have a ROSS with it's name on it:D
Germ, your ross has a new name on it everyday[:-]
Not to hijack, but someone buys them everyday also:eek:, now back to Bowtech VS Hoyt and Hoyt kickBowtech's arse:D

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

What were the bows setup specs? Arrow spine, draw weight etc, etc?

Did you get the "feel" you were looking for since your adjustments while shooting today?
Arrows: 28" Easton Axis, .340 spine, 408-410gr, 100gr. tip
Bows: Both are 29" draw set at 68lbs. Draw length measured perfect on both bows.

The feel was much better than it was the other day (before you told me to check the drawstop). But it still didn't "feel" exactly right. I still have some playing to do...

GMMAT 03-31-2008 05:45 PM

Maybe Buckeye should bring his 82nd to the GTG and you can check yourtheory in a round 2;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-31-2008 05:46 PM

Looks to me like someone hasn't tuned their 82nd properly.;)

I cannot shoot groups with mine or I'm busting nocks. In fact, tonight in leagues I shot 42 up, that's 22 out of 30 12's. Two of them I busted nocks and kicked myself into the 10 ring.

Oh, remember I just tubed one the other day too. :D

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Maybe Buckeye should bring his 82nd to the GTG and you can check yourtheory in a round 2;)
I bet he will and I knowI will.:D

Germ 03-31-2008 05:49 PM

Buckeye and Little Debbie are in trouble this year. RD is bringing his shooter bow:D

buckeye 03-31-2008 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

He took a bad enough beat down inthe smackdown last Juneto last him 2 years :D;)

But to show some props for the DUB, he was the first loser (2nd place :D) in the smackdown

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Looks to me like someone hasn't tuned their 82nd properly.;)

I cannot shoot groups with mine or I'm busting nocks. In fact, tonight in leagues I shot 42 up, that's 22 out of 30 12's. Two of them I busted nocks and kicked myself into the 10 ring.

Oh, remember I just tubed one the other day too. :D
Yeah, I'm kind of frightened as to what happened when it was at the shop getting new limbs. This week will be spent retuning the bow back to where it was when it left my posession.

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-31-2008 05:56 PM

Anyone notice the significant difference in penetration too.;)

Germ 03-31-2008 06:03 PM

You guys are being to nice, I am going to watch Dancing with the stars:D

Myersbuck 03-31-2008 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Anyone notice the significant difference in penetration too.;)
Thats what she said....but....I just went from Hoyt to Bowtech....IM SO HAPPY WITH THAT DECISION :D

mobow 03-31-2008 06:10 PM

I'm not sure why we should be surprised. :D

Germ 03-31-2008 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Dude I just watch some over weight actress chick in a dress way to short dance[:'(]
Her thighs looked like two wild boars stuck in a burlap bag trying to get out[:-]

Man are we being nice tonight:D

mobow 03-31-2008 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Dude I just watch some over weight actress chick in a dress way to short dance[:'(]
Her thighs looked like two wild boars stuck in a burlap bag trying to get out[:-]

Man are we being nice tonight:D
And I repeat...Why am I not surprised??? :D:eek:

jmbuckhunter 03-31-2008 06:36 PM

I don't know if its your backstop or what, but those arrows are sticking in at lot of different angles too. A tuning issue maybe, or are you flinching that bad? Maybe a fletching contact problem? That's just what I'm seeing.

MichiganWhitetails74 03-31-2008 07:02 PM

Thanks DUB...and nice shootin....No Love for the Hoyts lately! Way to bring that spirit back!

Dubbya 03-31-2008 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I don't know if its your backstop or what, but those arrows are sticking in at lot of different angles too. A tuning issue maybe, or are you flinching that bad? Maybe a fletching contact problem? That's just what I'm seeing.
The target rotates after pretty much every shot. So after three shots, I generally get three different arra' angles. I've got a little bit of work to do on the tuning, but it should still be grouping better IMO.

Dubbya 03-31-2008 07:43 PM

WHY on earth would you do that? It's called a remote it CHANGES the channel!!!:D:D:D

pdq 5oh 03-31-2008 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

The target rotates after pretty much every shot. So after three shots, I generally get three different arra' angles. I've got a little bit of work to do on the tuning, but it should still be grouping better IMO.
I agree. Mine sure does. ;)

BOWHUNTINGisLIFE 03-31-2008 08:31 PM

you need to test that it is a givin

quiksilver 03-31-2008 08:36 PM

Germ is a well-known chubbychaser -I heard he had the hots for a few of the huskier guys at the gtg.

He says it's harder to spoon askinny guy. [:-]

Dubbya- as for the arrows knocking the block target around - it took me forever to figure that out. I kept thinking my arrows were fishtailing. LOL Duh. And for what it's worth - I thought it was pretty good shooting with both bows.

callmecountryboy 03-31-2008 08:47 PM

im not saying this is the problem but maybe the shorter brace height of the 82nd was the reason your groups were bigger. it tends to show your mistakes at the other end a little more.

CIDEERHUNTER 04-01-2008 05:42 AM

MY MATHEWS WOULD BEAT THE PANTS OFF THAT HOYT LOL, BUT REALLY IT WOULD

peakrut 04-01-2008 05:57 AM

NEWBIE alert NEWBIE alert.[8D]

TeeJay 04-01-2008 06:44 AM

Carefull we all know this is a BT forum.;)

PABuck_HNTR 04-01-2008 09:21 AM

So you shot better groups from a Hoyt that you shot all last year and had inconsistent groups with a new bow? [&:]

OHbowhntr 04-01-2008 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: callmecountryboy

im not saying this is the problem but maybe the shorter brace height of the 82nd was the reason your groups were bigger. it tends to show your mistakes at the other end a little more.

Certainly even a perfectly tuned bow will have some variances, and the shorter BH will definitely accentuate any form flaws. Part of the reason I prefer a "little" longer BH, cause I'm not that great of a shooter!!!! :D

Good Pic, Dub, and pretty good shootin'!!!

gutshot 04-01-2008 11:52 AM

People have been known to disappear and never be seen again for saying that any bow is better than a bowtech on this forum.:)[8D]

Dubbya 04-01-2008 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

So you shot better groups from a Hoyt that you shot all last year and had inconsistent groups with a new bow?
The bow isn't really "new" I've had it for almost 2 months and it certainly didn't shoot that poorly before the limb swap.

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: callmecountryboy

Certainly even a perfectly tuned bow will have some variances, and the shorter BH will definitely accentuate any form flaws.

Good Pic, Dub, and pretty good shootin'!!!
Thanks. And as I mentioned above, I shot the bow before the limb swap and it was shooting groups just as tight as the Hoyt.;)

trestand 04-01-2008 01:48 PM

I'm not surprised at all.My new Katera XL shoots the same way.Heck,my V-TECH shoots the same way...Bob

twildasin 04-01-2008 04:59 PM

So you shot a hoyt that you been shooting for awhile and is dialed in against a bow that you have not been shooting and is not dialed in! So what are we to learn from this? How do we know you did not shoot the hoyt at 10 yards and the 82nd at 60? Any bow can shoot tight groups if tuned correctly!

bloodcrick 04-01-2008 05:08 PM

DUBBYA buddy, thats some fine shooting bro ;)but i have come to the conclusion that both of your bows are female :eek:they are talking WAY to much [8D]:Ddo they also like to cuddle? :eek: