HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hoyt vs. Bowtech - Head to Head (with pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/240134-hoyt-vs-bowtech-head-head-pics.html)

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:31 PM

Hoyt vs. Bowtech - Head to Head (with pics)

Alright, so I got the 82nd back last week and have played with it a little bit since then. Buckeye helped me get some small things figured out. Tonight I decided it was time for the "DeCroo bow show-down".

I woke the two sleeping beauties from their sleep on my papasan chair. Immediately they started talking smack to eachother... The 82nd would say something like, "I hope your arrows make it to the target" and the Vectrix would reply with something to the effect of, "it doesn't matter how fast YOU shoot the arrows if they don't hit the block." After several minutes of bickering the Hoyt played the 'scoreboard card' and said "How many deer, turkeys, elk, pigs, rabbits, squirrels, blue grouse or anything else have you ever killed?" That's when it stopped.

For me this was about as honest a test as I could create. Same arrows, distance (23 yards), target, release, same conditions, same shooter, same day, same... everything. So here are the results.

Hoyt 1st Round-

Hoyt 2nd Round- 4 arrows, different nocks, missing fletches... etc

Bowtech 1st Round-

Bowtech 2nd Round- After an adjustment

Bowtech 3rd Round- After another adjustment

Bowtech Final Round- Before Quitting

So, long story short... the Hoyt beat the pants off the 82nd. No questions asked. No, I'm not selling the Bowtech... yet. I'll give it some honest TLC before she finds a new home. Anyway, just thought I'd share MY findings.

Germ 03-31-2008 05:33 PM

RE: Hoyt vs. Bowtech - Head to Head (with pics)

That should cover it

MN/Kyle 03-31-2008 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

So, long story short... the Hoyt beat the pants off the 82nd. No questions asked.
Surprised? Muahhahahaaaa. Good shootin';)

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

That should cover it
:D:D:D

Germ 03-31-2008 05:35 PM

BTW you bring that POS hoyt to the GTG, I have a ROSS with it's name on it:D I may bring out the Elite and really kick your arse:D

That's right I am calling you out little Debbie[:-]

MN/Kyle 03-31-2008 05:36 PM

BTW you bring that POS hoyt to the GTG, I have a ROSS with it's name on it:D
Germ, your ross has a new name on it everyday[:-]

buckeye 03-31-2008 05:37 PM

What were the bows setup specs? Arrow spine, draw weight etc, etc?

Did you get the "feel" you were looking for since your adjustments while shooting today?

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:38 PM

BTW you bring that POS hoyt to the GTG, I have a ROSS with it's name on it:D I may bring out the Elite and really kick your arse:D

That's right I am calling you out little Debbie[:-]
I'll show you Little Debbie alright. When I get done, you'll want to trade both your bows in on a lifetime supply of Swiss Rolls.:D

Germ 03-31-2008 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

BTW you bring that POS hoyt to the GTG, I have a ROSS with it's name on it:D
Germ, your ross has a new name on it everyday[:-]
Not to hijack, but someone buys them everyday also:eek:, now back to Bowtech VS Hoyt and Hoyt kickBowtech's arse:D

Dubbya 03-31-2008 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

What were the bows setup specs? Arrow spine, draw weight etc, etc?

Did you get the "feel" you were looking for since your adjustments while shooting today?
Arrows: 28" Easton Axis, .340 spine, 408-410gr, 100gr. tip
Bows: Both are 29" draw set at 68lbs. Draw length measured perfect on both bows.

The feel was much better than it was the other day (before you told me to check the drawstop). But it still didn't "feel" exactly right. I still have some playing to do...