HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hot to trot to get your TURKEY TAG?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/239985-hot-trot-get-your-turkey-tag.html)

MichiganWhitetails74 03-30-2008 07:14 PM

Hot to trot to get your TURKEY TAG??

Hey guys,

We all talk about going out to get our birds. What are the rules in your states? Do you guys/gals have to draw tags too?

Do you have a guaranteed drawing? Does this Guaranteed Tag fall within the heart of your season?

I drew the guaranteed hunt here in Michigan but it falls kinda late...I like to get my birds from April 15 - May 10'ish.

My tag is May 5-May 30... Luckily my birds are not shell shocked where I hunt....

DO you guys sometime never draw a tag?

Washington Hunter 03-30-2008 07:17 PM

RE: Hot to trot to get your TURKEY TAG??

OTC here in Washington.

Never have to worry about drawing or not drawing.

Schultzy 03-30-2008 07:23 PM

I screwed up and didn't get one period![:@] Its a draw here in certain areas and over the counter in certain areas.

magicman54494 03-30-2008 07:24 PM

I going to give it a try this year after a long layoff. I'm not really into it like a lot of you guys. A buddy talked me into it. He said he could guide me:D May 14-18th. He "guided" me a few times in the past - no birds. We had a blast though.
I'm not sure of the laws. I have to study up a liitle. It's worth getting up at 3:30 AM just to listento them gobble on the roost. If I'm successful I will post somepics.

GMMAT 03-30-2008 07:26 PM

OTC here, too.

Steven McBee 03-30-2008 07:26 PM

i just go to walmart and buy a tag

MichiganWhitetails74 03-30-2008 07:30 PM

It's ok Schultzy...You have enough Monster whitetails (taken without wheels), cherished hunting memories and who knows what other game you have plastered all over the walls...

Maybe the animals need a release from you until Fall....:)

Just kidding partner...

3155 posts since 9/21/2007? OMG!!!

We will hunt together.

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-30-2008 07:33 PM

When we buy a PA license it comes with an antlered deer tag, fall turkey tag and spring gobbler tag. We then buy archery stamps, muzzleloader stamps, and then it's a lottery for antlerless and bear tags.

We then can and I did apply for a second spring gobbler tag just recently.

joshw020 03-30-2008 07:35 PM

You should come south of the border sometime Michigan, we're OTC, opening on April 21. . . and I know where they're hiding :)

MichiganWhitetails74 03-30-2008 07:43 PM

OTC & Walmart...Or south of the border....

Sounds like Christmas...I can't wait to see the pics come through the pipe line..I know you guys will tease me as I wait for May 5th.

With permission from the wife I can be easily PM'ed and invited out for a hunt.....I would love to free load from my forum friends...I'll bring cold beverages, a professional video cam & good spirits....and a weapon.:)

And you're welcome to come to Michigan...I have a few animals lingering around...