Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Help

Old 03-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bowtech Help

I am thinking of getting a Bowtech to hunt with and my question is which bow will I get more speed and KE out of, the Equalizer or the Alligence. I have a 27.5 inch Draw and will be shooting around 58 lbs. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Help

The difference would be negligible... However with the Allegiance you would have the option of using the speed or smooth modules.... With the Equalizer you do not have the luxury of choice, it is speed mod only.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can I ask why not the 82nd? IMO the 82nd will give you the most speed and KE of any bow out there.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Can I ask why not the 82nd? IMO the 82nd will give you the most speed and KE of any bow out there.
I have just read alot about how harsh the draw cycle is on the 82nd. I personally have not shot any of these bows and would have a difficult time finding a dealer who would be able to let me shoot one with the correct DL. I would love to be able to shoot all of them but don't think I will get a true fill with the incorrect DL.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

I have just read alot about how harsh the draw cycle is on the 82nd. I personally have not shot any of these bows and would have a difficult time finding a dealer who would be able to let me shoot one with the correct DL. I would love to be able to shoot all of them but don't think I will get a true fill with the incorrect DL.
I do not know, but 82nd uses Mods for DL I thought. They should have them. There is another option. PM sent
Old 03-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

Honestly, a good dealer should. Changing a draw module and moving the stop takes minutes at worst, seconds at best.

The 82nd will give you significantly more speed over the Ally and Equalizer and it's pull isn't any different than the speed mod of the Ally as far as I'm concerned. The other thing is, you can shoot the 82nd at lower poundages and still acheive more speed than the others at higher poundages.

The other thing, the Ally is probably one of Bowtech's best bows through several years now. Great bow, I have an 06 I cannot give up.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

I am looking for a shorter A2A. My LD is 37" and I am looking for something a little shorter for shooting out of a blind.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want the shorter ata bow, I'd get the Equalizer. The smaller cams are more efficient, giving more speed, all other things being equal. At 58#, the Equalizer will draw plenty smoothly. You see, even people cut from the same cloth can have differing opinions. The best thing to do would be shoot the bows you're interested in. You'll find one you like best, that'll fill the bill perfectly.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 82nd will give you significantly more speed over the Ally and Equalizer and it's pull isn't any different than the speed mod of the Ally as far as I'm concerned.
Well you deffinately have more drawing expreience than me, but when i drew Jeff's bow, it felt like the Ally at 70lbs, im not sure what he had it set on....62-63?
Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

But also, Your arms are done growingand the equilizer would be faster and probably smoother, but if you ever wanted to go over 60lbs, your outa luck.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.