HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   carrying your bow with a gun? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/239851-carrying-your-bow-gun.html)

Hoyt_Viper 03-29-2008 07:41 PM

carrying your bow with a gun?

I just set up a nice blind on the edge of a field. I measured 25 yrds from blind to ideal place for decoys which is my favorite shot with a bow. My question is, does your state allow you to carry your bow with a firearm?

I have never taken a turkey with my bow, so this year will be my first. I want to have my shotgun with me in case a better opportunity comes up. I need to read into our regulations but I dont think I read that you cant.

If I am going to bring my bow, should I leave the gun in the truck and stay on the mindset of a bowkill?

mobow 03-29-2008 07:42 PM

RE: carrying your bow with a gun?

If I got caught w/a firearm on board while hunting w/ my bow......They would toss me behind bars, throw away the key, and fine me to the point I would have to sell my blood to pay for it. ;):D

Rory/MO 03-29-2008 07:44 PM

if youre going with a bow, you might as well go your hardest with that IMO

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-29-2008 07:47 PM

Although both legal in spring gobbler I don't believe PA allows us to carry both but I'm not positive on that. Hey, take a friend, who's carrying what?;)

psebwhntr16 03-29-2008 07:49 PM

Not legal to be carrying both weapons in KY. I figure is a birds in shotgun range, hes gona be in bow range too.

ranger56528 03-29-2008 07:52 PM

Not in Mn,bow or gun but not both,big NO NO...

cowboy4513 03-29-2008 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

Not legal to be carrying both weapons in KY. I figure is a birds in shotgun range, hes gona be in bow range too.
X2

OKbowhunter20 03-29-2008 07:54 PM

This happened to me this morning...the turkeys wouldnt come to a call into range of my ground blind (where I was waiting with bow in hand), so I did a run n gun with my shotgun and got one

My suggestion, if you want to get one with your bow...dont even bring the gun with you..it'll end up in your hands instead of the bow, I promise

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-29-2008 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

LOL Depends on your proficiency with a bow. I've seen my gun drop one cold at 55 yards. ;)

907Alaska 03-29-2008 07:58 PM

California and Arizona / No guns carried during archery season
California and Arizona / Ok to carry bow and gun during gun season only