HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Scare of my life!! Must read (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/239737-scare-my-life-must-read.html)

bigdawgwill44 03-28-2008 11:43 PM

Scare of my life!! Must read

So i'm out scouting tonight for elk bow season (bored needed something to do) and i had the scare of a liftetime. I was with a buddy, had walked down a 2 mile, very old dirt logging road that was very very steep in heavy timbered area in Oregon. Once we started to head back up the hill, it was getting dark and next thing you know it was pitch black. Not a big deal but we knew we had a long and steep uphill climb in the black of night (of course forgot out flashlights). So as we are climbing the hill, i keep sensing something is just behind me, to the side of me in the tree line. I keep telling myself it's nothing but then i stop when i hear what seemed to be a branch snapping. Me and my buddy look to the area we heard the noise and just listened...nothing.. we began to walk again, heard something again, we stopped.. nothing.. at this point i'm starting to freak out, then we start walking backwards looking at the area of the noise and my buddy goes "what the DELETED is that!?" i didnt see it so i asked him what it was and he said he saw a pair of yellowish green eyes looking at us. so i am completely DELETED myself, still walking backwards, then the moment that will scar me for life.. A gigantic cat scream!! It was a damn cougar following us in the black of night. we both started running, i whip out my ruger .357 and start unloading in the area, just shooting into the black of night while still running. the sad thing was we were only halfway up that hill and i have never been so out of breath in my life running up that damn hill like a scared little girl, lol. But let me tell you, that cat scream shook me to my core, the hair on my neck is standing up from me just telling this story! If you have never heard a big cat scream up close, it cannot be described.. Ya i might have trouble going to sleep tonight.

Rory/MO 03-28-2008 11:46 PM

RE: Scare of my life!! Must read

man i cant even imagine!

Swift Arrow 03-28-2008 11:52 PM

LMAO! Living life to it's fullest eh? That's awesome but next time you may not want to move as cats instinctually jump at movement. Dude, you had me in tears reading this post I was lauging so hard.

Congrats on your second chance. Word of caution though, if he's a rogue agent you may not want to go back there anytime soon.

bigdawgwill44 03-28-2008 11:59 PM

Ya looking back i know running was bad but i did however feel like John Wayne in a shoot out whipping out the 357 from the holster haha... im still shakin up though lol [&o]

OHbowhntr 03-29-2008 12:35 AM

Scared of a little kitty kat??? Next time take a light, and as was said above, DON'T RUN, you make yourself more fun to him that way, plus, do you really think you could outrun it???? I agree w/ Swift though, kind of funny reading it. Glad you're ok, probably a very good thing you had someone with you otherwise, we may not be reading this.....

RuLzU 03-29-2008 12:48 AM

now, just imagine you had left the .357 with the flashlight.. hhehe man.. when i was 22 i went hunting for the first time alone, in the deep woods of state land, which i didnt know for jack shet. anyways.. bottom line.. i will never go into the woods or out of the woods when its PITCH black with or without a gun ever again.. every twig you herd crack, you thought it was a damn bear..
hahah what a chiken.. bok bok... im talking about my story. yours? i woulda had a heart attack on the spot

silentArcher 03-29-2008 01:05 AM

When I was8, about 6 years ago.we where staying up in my grandperents cabin. At about 3 AM a couger decided it was hungery and attacked a deer right out side of the cabin. It was Scary. We watchedthe couger from the second floor.

Swift Arrow 03-29-2008 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: bigdawgwill44

Ya looking back i know running was bad but i did however feel like John Wayne in a shoot out whipping out the 357 from the holster haha... im still shakin up though lol [&o]
HA HA, yeah I talk tuff but in all honestly I would've probably unloaded all of my rounds at the trees into the darkness without even saving one for myself, LOL

Rhody Hunter 03-29-2008 02:56 AM

wow that is a scary story. i bet you will never go into the woods in the afternoon without a flash light again

Deleted User 03-29-2008 04:30 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]