Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Human pee in a scrape?  Pics........ >

Human pee in a scrape? Pics........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Human pee in a scrape? Pics........

Old 03-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Human pee in a scrape? Pics........

Lmao!! Someone finally figured it out. Good stuff guys.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

I'm thinking that his buddy Frank was shot by Shultzy some time ago and that he was able to warn the others before he passed. All of the deer in the woods had a meeting shortly there after where they were told, "They got Frank, Frank's dead"!
LMFAO. . niiice
Old 03-28-2008, 10:23 PM

Thanks. As soon as he smelled it he thought to himself "I know how this movie ends"
Old 03-29-2008, 05:26 AM

I never used to pee anywhere near my stand. All that I carried in was carried out...if you get my drift. This January I had grown tired of trying to pee in the bottle, fumbling around with gloves, all the extra clothing, etc. I can put on more clothes than it seems I have, well, you know.....plumbing. Especially if I'm really cold.
So, I decide to let her fly off my stand, devil may care where it fell. I covered a small oak tree pretty well, creating what must have been the world's largest tink bomb, and sat back down. Within 10 minutes I had a big 7 pt come by, downwind, within 5 yds of the "pee tree". He never paid the slightest bit of attention to it.
It cost him dearly.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry guys but I am not sold either way. Several years ago before the ODC or the like were on tv I watched an interesting show put on by some renowned wildlife biologists, wish I remember who and where it was but........................anyway, in the field they set up hidden cameras near feeding areas that the deer had grown accustomed to. Using human urine young bucks were curious and didn't give much hesitation to feeding, older bucks became much more weary, while the great majority of does just wouldn't even come in to feed in that area until the human urine disappeared or otherwise was no longer detectable. Personally I admit to peeing from my stands when I can't hold it any longer, but I am of the opinion that the odds of taking a mature buck are greater when human pee is not there, then if human pee is there!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had tons of success with making mock scrapes and urinating in them. The 3.5 year old 8 pt. took over a mock scrape I made this past fall. Also on another area of of the property I made another and had it visited by does, a 1.5 yr. old 4 pt, two 2.5 year old 8 pts. and a massive 3.5 year old 9 pt. I have trail cam photos, of them all. The fact is that as someone said URINE IS URINE. I'm pretty sure that human urine and deer urine, while different obviously, are similar in concentration and gradient, prohibiting the deer to distinguish the difference between the two.

Schultzy, in your case I think it could have been one of two things. Either that buck winded YOU and not the urine, or an older more mature buck was working that area and he associated your urine with the urine of the mature buck.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

This could be a good test..how many deer did you originally see in the last 2 pics?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

I've had tons of success with making mock scrapes and urinating in them. The 3.5 year old 8 pt. took over a mock scrape I made this past fall. Also on another area of of the property I made another and had it visited by does, a 1.5 yr. old 4 pt, two 2.5 year old 8 pts. and a massive 3.5 year old 9 pt. I have trail cam photos, of them all. The fact is that as someone said URINE IS URINE. I'm pretty sure that human urine and deer urine, while different obviously, are similar in concentration and gradient, prohibiting the deer to distinguish the difference between the two.

Schultzy, in your case I think it could have been one of two things. Either that buck winded YOU and not the urine, or an older more mature buck was working that area and he associated your urine with the urine of the mature buck.
You might be right Rock. I've heard of others who have had great success with doing it as yourself has had. A person can't argue with facts such as yours. I'm not going to argue with anyone on this pee subject, seems rather ridiculous if you ask me. Whatever happened in my case happened, none of us will ever know why. We can all have our reasons and opinions and thats great. I just choose not to do it. One less thing for me to worry about then.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

From what I understand after an hour or soall pee turns to ammonia. I believe that any negitive reaction to a human peeing in a scrape comes from the human scent we leave while standing next to the scrape "freshing" it.
On another note... cant wait to see what that lil 5pt turns into this year. He's still running around and holding in this area!!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Human pee in a scrape? Pics........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.