HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   If you were strictly to get a target bow.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/239622-if-you-were-strictly-get-target-bow.html)

GR8atta2d 03-28-2008 09:41 AM

If you were strictly to get a target bow..

Primarily Spots and Paper.

And lets just say Bowtech wasn't an option (just because I wantto hear more than Bowtech Bowtech) What would you consider seriously?

Brand and Model

Ex Hoyt Pro Elite.

Germ 03-28-2008 09:43 AM

RE: If you were strictly to get a target bow..

Mathews ConQuest;)

popeandyoungchaser 03-28-2008 09:43 AM

Hoyt Protech or a Mathews Apex.

mobow 03-28-2008 09:48 AM

41" ProLine Tsunami, low poundage. :)

Roskoe 03-28-2008 09:56 AM

One of the 38" Hoyts - Protec, Ultratec, Pro38 . . . . .

YooperMike 03-28-2008 09:59 AM

Hoyt Pro Elite, XT 3000 limbs.

MGH_PA 03-28-2008 10:01 AM

I like the ProElite quite well...I would probably look at an even larger ATA on a pure target bow though. the Vantage X8 looks very nice as well (hoyt guys, mobow...why don't I hear more mention of this bow? On paper it looks like a great bow, but all I ever hear about are people shooting the ProElite and UltraElite)?

I would also consider a CR337 (actually I would have bought Matt's if I was out for a target specific bow).

Matt/TN 03-28-2008 10:06 AM

Taking all things into consideration. I believe you said you have a 27.5" draw?

I would take a look at the following:

Hoyt ProTec (Probably the BEST bow Hoyt ever made)
Hoyt Vantage X7 or X8 (These bows are awesome and a lot quicker than the advertised IBO, a lot of people at the shop have been pleased)
Hoyt Seven37 (I can't believe this bow hasn't taken off more than it has, it's a true sweet shooter, and I almost got one for 3d, but then this PSE stuff came up, this is a GREAT option)
PSE MoneyMaker X LF ( some people may think they are ugly but boy do they shoot, and I hear the Anodized Grey looks pretty sweet ;))

here's a picture of the Shark X, similar design, except for the MM LF is a hybrid cam, just a tick faster.

I'm not sure where the Matt's and TFOX stand on this, but I believe and most will tell you that a single cam will generally be easier to set up and shoot. You will, however get more speed out of a hybrid set up.

kickin_buck 03-28-2008 10:13 AM

I have never shot one, but I have always like the Hoyt Montega's stats. 44 1/4" ATA and a 9 1/4" BH, sounds like one hell of an indoor bow to me.

mobow 03-28-2008 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I have never shot one, but I have always like the Hoyt Montega's stats. 44 1/4" ATA and a 9 1/4" BH, sounds like one hell of an indoor bow to me.
You know, I almost mentioned this bow as well. It's super, super smooth (cause it has round wheels) is super forgiving......I think it may very well be the ulitimate paper puncher..

Why haven't I mentioned the Vantage? Cause I know absolutely NOTHING about it. ;)

The Seven37 would also be a super fantastic shooter. In fact, they are. I'll be getting one next year if it's still offered.