HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Another Rumor?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/239558-another-rumor.html)

buckmaster 03-27-2008 08:40 PM

Another Rumor??

Guys I really hate to ask this in the form of a thread, i really do, so once i get a confirmed answer please delete if you will, No use in spreading.but it's killing me, i cant find nothing about it through searches, The guy at the PSE shop, some of you know who im talking about from previous posts:eek:, said that S&W bought Savage. Any truth, or is it about the same as him telling me the X-Force only needs 1-pin out to 50 yards with any arrow??:eek:

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-27-2008 08:42 PM

RE: Another Rumor??

Me thinks he's way misinformed.;)

Matt/TN 03-27-2008 08:43 PM

I couldn't tell you Aaron, I don't keep up with that stuff, especially gun companies.

I do know that this PSE guy sounds like a jewel. Was he a rep? or just a shop owner?

kickin_buck 03-27-2008 08:46 PM

I did hear something a little while back about S&W buying someone out, but I cannot remember who. I really don't think it was Savage. If I am correct....H&R Arms, New England Firearms, and Savage are all part of the same company.

buckmaster 03-27-2008 08:47 PM

shop owner....;). but I was actually thinking that S&W was owned by Howa, but i dont know i dont keep up with the gun comp. either... i was just thinking of the new cardiac...... Rosstechwessonhow Cardiac.[&:]:D

Matt/TN 03-27-2008 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

shop owner....;). but I was actually thinking that S&W was owned by Howa, but i dont know i dont keep up with the gun comp. either... i was just thinking of the new cardiac...... Rosstechwessonhow Cardiac.[&:]:D

Ahh....mine will stay ROSS, I could care less what the new ones are labeled ;):D

bigbulls 03-27-2008 09:02 PM

Smith bought TC Arms.

Savage bought/ aquired/ merged with Bowtech.

Bowtech is having talks with Ross.

The investment company that bought Remington is or has bought Marlin, H&R, Bushmaster, and another company I think.

Howa makes the Weatherby vanguard

SwampCollie 03-27-2008 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I did hear something a little while back about S&W buying someone out, but I cannot remember who. I really don't think it was Savage. If I am correct....H&R Arms, New England Firearms, and Savage are all part of the same company.

S&W acquired Thompson Center Arms in late 2006. Thats probably what you were thinking of.

kickin_buck 03-27-2008 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking off. I knew I read/heard something, just could not recall it. Thanks for the help.

S&W acquired Thompson Center Arms in late 2006. Thats probably what you were thinking of.