Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech Allegiance, Elite GTO & Agile >

Bowtech Allegiance, Elite GTO & Agile

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Allegiance, Elite GTO & Agile

Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Allegiance, Elite GTO & Agile

So I went to the pro shop and shot all these bows and I have to say I am surprised and a little ticked off to be honest. My dad and I current shoot the exact same set up; a Mathews Ultra II @ 28", 386gr arrow, prong rest, peep, nock. Only difference he is at 62# and I am at 64#.

We shot our bows on the chrono at home and at the shop and got the same results: 268 and 274 fps

We shot our 386gr arrow through all bows...
Allegiance @28" 62#, nock, prong rest ony: 273fps
-constant, smooth draw, slight hand shock
GTO @28# 62#nock, prong rest: 268fps
-increasing draw weight cycle, great solid end,very littlehandshock
Agile @28" 62#, nock, prong rest: 269fps
-same as GTO, except even less vibration

I wanted to shoot the 82nd, but they sold out and only had the 101st, but seeing how all these turned out I was ready to go anyway. They shot extremely smooth compared to my bow, but that is not worth the $1000 investment (after accessories) to me. If I had $ coming out of my ears absolutely I would buy one of any of those bows.

So, now for my question... Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot?????
My Ultra II was rated at 315, the GTO was rated at 345. That is supposed to be 10% faster and it is slower. The Allegiance is supposed to be 5% faster and it is the same. Did the bow industry top out on speed and so they just lie about IBO speeds now or is something really fishy going on here? I feel like I wasted all my time researching bows.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Allegiance, Elite GTO & Agile

Did the Ally you shot have the smooth mods or the fast mods in it?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:46 PM

Sounds more like a screwed up chrono. You should have been getting around 290-295 out of the Allegiance and 300 out of the GTO! That would be my guess.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not 100%, but I think the Elites are rated at 29" and 70#

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot -Out!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

THe fastest Hunting Bow I have ever hunted with is the Allegiance, but the 82nd will bust that record once it hits the woods this fall.
I have shot Hoyt, Mathews, High Country, Bear, Martin, Jennings, Oregon, etc., etc. and the last thing I consider is speed when I purchase a bow, and regardless of that the Allegiance was my choice for several years. The Allegiance isone of the quietest most forgiving bows on the market the last few years.I want speed but not at the sacrifice of hand shock, forgiveness, noise, etc. I'm past the stage of needing only speed. I hunted most of last year with my Guardian and time will tell if this season will change that. I have my General rigged for Turkeys next week.

Dan
Old 03-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Something doesn't sound right there. We just got in a new GTO at the shop today. A 60 punder, set at 29". I pulled it out of the box, threw a whisker biscuit on it, and headed to the chrono. Shooting a 300gr arrow at 61lbs, and 29" draw it hit 328 328 329. Bingo! Right on the birth certificate. Something sounds amiss with some of those numbers you got. Maybe it was the chrono reading everything slow?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Sounds more like a screwed up chrono. You should have been getting around 290-295 out of the Allegiance and 300 out of the GTO! That would be my guess.
I'd say if you are shooting through the same chrono it should at least be consistent. My Ally at 60# shooting a 326 grain arrow was shooting 301 fps. It should shoot a 386 grain arrow at 62# at 290fps or a little better

Dan
Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
N2D

I may be wrong here, but if the Ally was at 62#, an I.B.O. arrow would be 310 grains would it not? If you were shooting a 386 grain arrow would that not be 76 grains over I.B.O.? I do understand what you are saying since you are comparing it to the same arrow out of your bows. What did the birth certificate say on the Ally?

Not trying to start an argument here, I am just curious. I shot an Ally last week at 61#, 29", smooth mods, and a 350 grain arrow and it shot 285 F.P.S.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Did the Ally you shot have the smooth mods or the fast mods in it?
Very Good question!

Dan
Old 03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Ultra II have a brace height of like 6 1/4" and rated to like 322fps? I owned a Mathews Ultra Max with a 6 1/8" brace height and I thought thta one was rated 322fps? Been a while.

One other thing to note.........MEASURE your draw length, my Ultramax wasn't just a LITTLE long, it was 1 1/4" long on the stated draw length. LOL

If you are comparing any bow with almost 1" more brace height, with most likely better draw length specs and similar speed ratings like the Allegiance with smooth mods should be.........I'd expect the number to favor the Allegiance but not by a ton of speed.
The major design improvements over th eyears have been great speed WITH HIGHER BRACE HEIGHTS, while lowering noise, recoil and handshock considerably.
The speed isn't the only benefit, you have to look at the whole package and ALL the specs.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Allegiance, Elite GTO & Agile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.