Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do? Bow choice. >

What would you do? Bow choice.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do? Bow choice.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 PM

Default RE: What would you do? Bow choice.

Check out the 08 General, I think you will be surprised, i went in last week with the intent on buying the 82nd, and walked out with a General.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. I guess I should give it some more thought. I didn't think the 82nd draw cycle was too bad, but then again I didn't shoot it for an entire 3D round, although I know Rob has. Rob, what was your feelings on shoulder fatigue after the 3D shoots?

It's funny, you don't hear about the Commander much especially since the 82nd and guardian launched, but it still seems to be a highly recommended bow. I do like the looks of it on paper.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:01 AM

I have an 07 Commander for sale-31",70lbs.,Hardwoods HD Grey camo upgrade,rosewood side plates,roller cable slide.
It is set-up with the best of everything.
Spot-Hogg Real Deal
Trophy-Ridge micra adjust rest
Bowtech Wild Thing-HD Grey
Vortex 6 arrow quiver or Bohning 6 arrow,which ever you would perfer
Winners-Choice strings and cables with loop
Let me know if you are interested...Bob
Old 03-27-2008, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trestand

I have an 07 Commander for sale-31",70lbs.,Hardwoods HD Grey camo upgrade,rosewood side plates,roller cable slide.
It is set-up with the best of everything.
Spot-Hogg Real Deal
Trophy-Ridge micra adjust rest
Bowtech Wild Thing-HD Grey
Vortex 6 arrow quiver or Bohning 6 arrow,which ever you would perfer
Winners-Choice strings and cables with loop
Let me know if you are interested...Bob
Needs to be left handed. PM me if it is.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:10 AM
Bartender

Anyone bringing a bowtech to the Coon Creek get together?
So I may form a opinion.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:11 AM
Dominant Buck

IMO the 101'st and 82nd are 3D bows first, where you will be shooting with perfect form, and hunting bows second.
In my experience....I'd say just the opposite. I plan on hunting with my 82nd.....but I didn't like it as a 3D bow.....even though I won with it. Like Frank.....the draw isn't what I wanted for a bow I was going to shoot a LOT.

Haven't shot the commander....but I own a Constitution. LOVE the Constitution (longer ATA) for 3D.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

IMO the 101'st and 82nd are 3D bows first, where you will be shooting with perfect form, and hunting bows second.
In my experience....I'd say just the opposite. I plan on hunting with my 82nd.....but I didn't like it as a 3D bow.....even though I won with it. Like Frank.....the draw isn't what I wanted for a bow I was going to shoot a LOT.

Haven't shot the commander....but I own a Constitution. LOVE the Constitution (longer ATA) for 3D.
That was my assumption as well. Great hunting bow, not the perfect target bow. I'll wait to see Rob's comments on his 3D experience shooting the 82nd...he seems to hold his own VERY well with it.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. I guess I should give it some more thought. I didn't think the 82nd draw cycle was too bad, but then again I didn't shoot it for an entire 3D round, although I know Rob has. Rob, what was your feelings on shoulder fatigue after the 3D shoots?
No shoulder fatique, mental fatique but no shoulder lol. Hell Matt, I've been shooting my 5 spot with my 82nd, 60 straight arrows, no breaks and I fine after it as well. Mind you, it's 62 lbs but with the arrow (CXLSS) it's 330 fps.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if it were 70 lbs as I only shot it a couple times to chrono it and then backed it down for specs.

I guess I'm simply used to the draw cycle which I don't find as bad as some as I came from a long line of Hoyt's agressive cams.

Mind you, this is no single cam so don't expect that draw but you shot mine.

And I feel the 82nd is an awesome 3D bow, as one reason I got the bow. I've always shot 36" bows for 3D and was very successful with them. I was excited when I heard there was a speed bow coming in a 36" ATA.

But I digress, the Commander is an awesome bow, good luck on your choice.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

No shoulder fatique, mental fatique but no shoulder lol. Hell Matt, I've been shooting my 5 spot with my 82nd, 60 straight arrows, no breaks and I fine after it as well. Mind you, it's 62 lbs but with the arrow (CXLSS) it's 330 fps.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if it were 70 lbs as I only shot it a couple times to chrono it and then backed it down for specs.

I guess I'm simply used to the draw cycle which I don't find as bad as some as I came from a long line of Hoyt's agressive cams.

Mind you, this is no single cam so don't expect that draw but you shot mine.

And I feel the 82nd is an awesome 3D bow, as one reason I got the bow. I've always shot 36" bows for 3D and was very successful with them. I was excited when I heard there was a speed bow coming in a 36" ATA.

But I digress, the Commander is an awesome bow, good luck on your choice.
Thanks a lot Rob. I'll be shooting either at 60# for right now, so 70# won't be an issue, as I don't plan to shoot it. I could see myself shooting your 82nd for long periods of time, but it was right handed...maybe a different story with left hand, but I was discussing this with Ben yesterday and I feel with as much as I shoot combined with steady lifting, I'll condition the new muscles fairly quickly. Thanks for the input...I'll keep you guys posted if any decision is made.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:41 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Get the lesser priced one and get yourself some other useful items for hunting.
my best advice