Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shooting aluminum and I like it. >

Shooting aluminum and I like it.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting aluminum and I like it.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Shooting aluminum and I like it.

I was recently given about 150 aluminum arrows of various spine and length. A friends dad passed away and my friend gave me a lot of his 80s archery gear.I sorted through some of the shafts and came up with a dozen 2117 Eastons fletched with 4" feathers. I love the way these things are flying out of the Marquis. I haven't weighed them yet. I was supposed to bring one along the other day when I went to visit my buddy Ausie-guy, I forgot. Oh well, I know they are heavy,(125gr heads, 28" length, and 3 feather fletch if anyone wants to do the math), and they hit my bag and BH targets HARD!
I got 1/2 a dozen ready to go turkey hunting this weekend. 2 willwear NAP Hellrazors, 2 Muzzy Phantoms, and 2 Magnus 2 blade. All in 125 gr. All of these heads fly great and hit hard. I can't wait to send one at a bird.
The rest of the shafts I recieved will be used either from my recurve, my wifes bow, or sent to folks here that need or want what I can't use. I'll have to take the time to sort them all out. The 8 bent shafts I found are now residing in the garden Carie, Lily, and I planted Sunday evening .
Old 03-26-2008, 04:52 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Shooting aluminum and I like it.

Greg I am kicking the idea of going back to aluminium myself for this fall.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:52 AM

150?? Holy cow, you're set forever dude!! Sorry for the loss of the friend, but wow...

I just switched back to aluminum a month ago as well. I'm absolutely thrilled. My accuracy went up, and like you, when I hit a 3D target w/ those lincoln logs, it almost knocks them over. Daddy like.

Good luck this weekend bro! Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Greg I am kicking the idea of going back to aluminium myself for this fall.
what spine do you need? And length? I'll go through them and see what I can come up with. I bet I can send you a 1/2 dozen to try!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:59 AM
Bartender

I will glady pay for some 2115 and I can get them cut up here.
Thanks bro
Old 03-26-2008, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

More power to ya! If I ever go back to aluminum I'll be shooting the 2216's. God I love those arrows.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

Im afraid to with my bow. I have a crossbow and shoot aluminum bolts with it and any deflected shot kills the integrity of the bolt. I would guess that with the added length it would only make it that much easier to bend or distort out of my bow.

My carbons hold up shot after shot, even with a passthrough that hits my plywood backdrop. Is there an advantage with aluminum as far as speed or accuracy?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

More power to ya! If I ever go back to aluminum I'll be shooting the 2216's. God I love those arrows.
I never did switch to carbons, I felt no reason to. 2216 XX75 are what I shoot and love em.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Dominant Buck

I got 1/2 a dozen ready to go turkey hunting this weekend.
Man, Greg....I had no idea! Good luck. I've still got three more weeks. (but I did see 20 or so, last night......and 10 or so, this morning)
Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I got 1/2 a dozen ready to go turkey hunting this weekend.
Man, Greg....I had no idea! Good luck. I've still got three more weeks. (but I did see 20 or so, last night......and 10 or so, this morning)
Yep! Friday I'll take a vacation day to travel to the new 300 acres I have to hunt. I'll get there before noon and spend the rest of the day scouting things out trying to get an idea where the blind needs to be Saturday AM. I can't wait!

Quick Reply: Shooting aluminum and I like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.