Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Those idiots on mythbusters... >

Those idiots on mythbusters...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Those idiots on mythbusters...

Old 03-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Default RE: Those idiots on mythbusters...

ORIGINAL: TFOX

They were trying it with WOODEN arrows,were they not? NOT,hollow shafts.

Atleast the last time this came up,that was what they were trying.
Yep. I also just learned they were trying to prove it possible to split one arrow from nock to tip. So they realize robinhooding one is possible just unsure if it would split from nock to tip.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:58 PM

Hate to pop the bubble and forgive me if I am mistaken but I am almost 100% sure they were trying to prove weather or not an arrow with a broadhead could robin hood an arrowand arrow and split it all the way down. They never said it was impossible to get a robin hood that would be stupid because look at all the folks here who have done it With Field tips not broadheads. But lets see someone prove the myth busters wrong and split a shaft from nock to tip with a broadhead then I will call the myth busters idiots.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

AAA HAAA!!! Another piece to the puzzle!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Heckler

Hate to pop the bubble and forgive me if I am mistaken but I am almost 100% sure they were trying to prove weather or not an arrow with a broadhead could robin hood an arrowand arrow and split it all the way down. They never said it was impossible to get a robin hood that would be stupid because look at all the folks here who have done it With Field tips not broadheads. But lets see someone prove the myth busters wrong and split a shaft from nock to tip with a broadhead then I will call the myth busters idiots.
Yep see my above post.

Wonder why my post time and edit time is an hour off when it should have been a minute off???? Weird.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM

I must have been in the middle of typing when you posted again ducsauce.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok now I need to know. Did they do it? It's not fair to post this and leave me hanging. How am I supposed to sleep tonight not knowing?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 PM

They said they were tying to do on purpose. how many of you have hit the ol Robin Hood on purpose? I have only done it a couple of time and I tell you I was NOT trying to split 10$ worth of arrow when I did it.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I saw the episode but dont remember it much. But it would be impossible to robin hood a wooden arrow with a broadhead because of the spin, you would think so at least [&:]
Old 03-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

The reason they were using wood arrows instead of aluminum or carbon is because they were attempting to authenticate a true "robin hood" with period specific materials that were available when Robin Hood would have been alive. Robin Hood would have been using wood arrows and a long bow so that is what they were trying to duplicate.

No they did not succeed in splitting a wooden shaft with another wooden shaft. The arrows started to split the nockend but quickly followed the grain of the wood and veered off center of the shaft.

I say it is possible but everything would have to be perfect. One of those one-in-a-million things. The grain of the first shaft would have to run perfectly straight down the shaft and then the second arrows broadhead would have to enter the first shaft with the broadhead lined up perfectly with the grain of the first shaft in order to stay on track while splitting it.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:05 AM

They did finally get it with a bamboo shaft.

Quick Reply: Those idiots on mythbusters...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.