Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help with a bow

Old 03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: help with a bow

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: nodog

You have some interesting opinions, Commander.Hey, I'm a hunter, scouting is just life.What's that Indiana boy think's best?

Are you in the states now? If so I think you should look at the Dartons.
Commander? Where'd you hear that?
Kendo.
How did you know that? LOL
Just followed the trail you left.

Bought an 07Darton Tempest extreme for my daughter, easiest bow to tune. Have you hefted one of those Hoyts? I picked one up once and thought holy cow that things heavy. It's a smaller bow by quietbit compared to my Hoyt protec and it's close to a pound lighter.. If you haven't picked one up you should first, little "Lass".
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oi less of the "little!" [8D]

What does the hoyt kobalt and trykon weigh in Kgs?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oi less of the "little!" [8D]

What does the hoyt kobalt and trykon weigh in Kgs?
There around 5 pounds, whatever that is you can convert. Doesn't sound like much, but it is noticable. It wasn't just me that thought it, I was with my brother at the time and we both commented on it. Around 4 pounds is alright for me. but even then it gets heavy. A bow for you could be less since it's a lighter poundage.

Your not just walking out and shooting, often time your fighting your way in in the dark and you have to hold the bow so it doesn't get caught on things that can hurt it, all slow enough not scare the game away while carring all the other gear needed.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, I am really not sure which bow manufacturer would suit me then [&:]

I am going to my local archery club on sunday to talk and try out some bows.

Do you think I should stick to a cheaper youth bow? Though I have $550 to spend i would like to get something well made that is light and quiet that will last a long while
Old 03-27-2008, 05:41 PM

Bowtech equalizer is the best choice by far in my opinion.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hmm, I am really not sure which bow manufacturer would suit me then [&:]

I am going to my local archery club on sunday to talk and try out some bows.

Do you think I should stick to a cheaper youth bow? Though I have $550 to spend i would like to get something well made that is light and quiet that will last a long while
That kind of money will buy almost any top end bow that's a year old. Ya got to know what fits you though. Keep in mind that's just the bow. I've bought some youth bows, I wouldn't go that route if your done growing.

The next needed expense is the arrows. Don't skimp on those, has to be the biggest frustration for new shooters. They may shoot well and have their equipment tuned well but the arrowswon't go where they're supposed to. Not knowing what's wrong everythings wrong for them and nothing goes un touched.With bad arrows small mistakes are magnified, good arrows will help the new archer work on what needs to be perfected.

Acc. after that can run hundreds as well.