HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New bow is in! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/238931-new-bow.html)

idahoelkinstructor 03-24-2008 02:03 PM

New bow is in!

My 2008 Mathews Drenalin LD is finally in, here are the specs.

[/align]IBO Rating 315 fps

Cam(s) StraightLine perimeter-weighted Drenalin LD Cam

Draw Weightmine (70 lbs)

Draw Length30.5"

Axle to Axle Length37"

Brace Height 7"

Riser Length 29 3/8"

Physical Weight4.15 lbs

It should prove to be a sweet shooting accurate bow! In the past I havemostly shot my bows at 30"draw lengthbecause that is what most bows are maxed at. But 30.5" fits me like a glove,in addition to that the bow should bemorestable with a 37" ATA. These last few years, I am usedmy bows having around 33"ATA, so with this bowI may just shoot better/more accuractly? Also speeds should be about the same as my 30" Dren (320 IBO). Even though theDren LDis rated 315 IBO,with the half inch moredraw lengthI should pick up about 5 f/s, which will put my bow right at 320 f/s IBO.I don't know for sure about that becauseI don't have the bow set up with arrows justyet. But on paper thats what I figure it to be.Right nowI am waiting on a sight from G5, (Optix XR), a stabilizer from Doinker (11.5" Power Bar, Black 16.1oz). Andlastly I am waiting on the my sponsored Tru-fire 360Elite release to arrive. No its not a Carter, but hey I'll still take a $70 release for free. Everything else we have here in the shop, ripcord rest, mathews quiver, winners choice bow string, ACC 3-71 arrows,primos sling, hard bow case and a few odds and ends that I can't think of at this time. I admit its times like this that I am thankful I work in a pro shop and am set up with dealer prices and shop shooter discounts. Other wise I couldn't afford it!!! All in all this will be my most expensive set up yet, I hope she shoots as good as she looks/costs. lol When I get her fully loaded I will post pics and let everyone know how she shoots.

Rory/MO 03-24-2008 02:19 PM

RE: New bow is in!

congrats
always fun getting a new bow

idahoelkinstructor 03-24-2008 10:24 PM

Thanks X7, I agree its always fun to play with new toys. You know what funny I posted this early this moring. Yes I came back and edited it but I posted it around the same time I posted about Ross being bought out by bowtech. But yet this only has #1 reply, with 30 someodd hits, and the Ross thread has 700 someodd hits and 30 replys. LOL I guess people on the forum are tiredof reading about new bows, and prefer the latest gossip. lol

Hoyt_Viper 03-24-2008 11:30 PM

Let me know what you think about the Optix sight. Im looking at buying one. Is that the one with the LED?

Hunter Dan7 03-25-2008 05:14 AM

Congrats, i love new toys

FLboy77 03-25-2008 06:10 AM

Need Pics!!!

Congrats!!

idahoelkinstructor 03-25-2008 06:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

Let me know what you think about the Optix sight. Im looking at buying one. Is that the one with the LED?

Will do! I'll take pics and post about it after I use it for awhile. The only thing that sucks for me is to make it legal here in Idaho, I have to take off the light, when hunting big game. Idaho doesn't allow anything electronic on a bow or arrow.I willbe moving for a short while to colorado this summer forgunsmithingschool.So hopefully within the next two years which is when I get back. Idaho will havelighten up on this rule. We shall see.

BowHuntingFool 03-31-2008 06:26 PM

Well where are the pics???????????

Germ 03-31-2008 06:28 PM

Who let me know how it shoots, congrats:D

nick_bleuer76 03-31-2008 06:29 PM

Awesomw, but I would like to see the pics!!!