Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which mechanicals? >

which mechanicals?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which mechanicals?

Old 02-16-2003, 07:50 AM
jca

Default which mechanicals?

looking to switch to mechanicals this season for deer,bear,turkey...i have a bow that shoots around 282 fps...not getting consistant fixed broadhead flight and checked everything i know...my local pro-shop recommends mechanicals...please give me brand name and style that has given you the best success...my setup is:PARKER UL 31, 70 LBS.,30 INCH DRAW,PSE CARBON FORCE 300 EXTREME,4 INCH VANES....THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPOND!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: which mechanicals?

I have tested a good many mechanicals and their are some great ones floating around. The rocky snyper is an excellent head as are the rocket steelheads. If you don' t mind shooting a 125 grn head, the steelhead 125 is one of the best broadheads I have ever tested, fixed or mechanical. It penetrates like a fixed blade head, is very durable, and shoots great. The 100 grn version is also very good, but not as tough. The Rocky snyper penetrates as well as the steelheads and has stronger blades, but the ferrule is not as strong. I think you would be happy with any of these three heads. Of course their are others, but these will give you mechancial accuracy with fixed blade penetration.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:20 AM

I shoot a similar set up ,same arrows currently. There are a lot of good broadheads ot there. I like Spitfire 3 blade 100' s the best out of all the expandables I' ve tried. They shoot great even at 308 fps ,they' re the sharpest out of the package of any I' ve tried,I like their no o-ring system, I' ve never had one get damaged or break a blade, they penetrate excellently,they give you an awesome bloodtrail with good shot placement,the blades are easy to replace, and you just need to see the exit hole they make with their off set blades. Quality broadheads are kind of a personal preference though, because all will do a good job with correct shot placement. I can' t wait to check out NAP' s new Scorpion mechanical,it looks pretty interesting.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:55 AM

Shockwaves =4 Deer = 0 Haven' t had to track one yet,all dropped in sight.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shockwaves here also I have used them for the past couple of years and have never had a deer run out of my sight and this year I took 6 with them.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:27 PM

I use rocket sidewinder never had a problem with them
Old 02-16-2003, 06:23 PM

I' ve taken three deer with NAP Spitfires, 85 gr. I like them too because there are no o-rings and they do fly like field points.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:43 PM

used both the shockwave and the sidewinder.sidewinder has more punch.shockwaves are more durable.both are excellent heads.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:51 PM

Several good models out there. The Rocket Steelheads are very good and so are the hammerheads if you shoot enough KE. I also really like the Rocky Mountain Snyper & the new Ironhead XP they make - both are simply awsome heads. I think another good head appears to be the new Scorpian by NAP - (slight copy cat off of the snyper with the tip). I hope it opens easier than the Spitfires which Iam not a big fan of at all.

Honestly most companies have really improved their products and most are good. try a few models out & see what they do for you. You may find a perfect head for your rig that hasn' t been mentioned yet.

Old 02-17-2003, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like 5 shot said, Rockets are the ones, and the 100gr steel heads are the ones I went with. They pass through deer like a hot knife through butter!!!

Quick Reply: which mechanicals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.