Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who has tried FOB >

Who has tried FOB

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has tried FOB

Old 03-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Who has tried FOB

Can someone answers the damn question Happy Easter[8D]
Old 03-23-2008, 08:29 AM

They didn't work so hot for me. I apparently had some sort of contact issue -that I wasn't willing tochange anything onmy drop away rest that was soperfectly tuned for regular 2" Blazers. I also didn't like the lack of clearance around the nock - my fat fingers need a little room to nock an arrow.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Germ

Ok who has tried them, I may order some and give them a shot. I am all for not having to fletch anymore.
I'll answer you damn question Germ, I don't see the point and I love to fletch arrows, it's peaceful and relaxing. Why don't you like to fletch?

I'd rather fletch than destroy FOBs and keep putting them back on my arrows when they fall out.

I just don't see the point and thankfully, they don't fit ACC's so I'm not even tempted.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

After 6 yrs with the WB I desided to give them a try.Also gave me a reason to buy a dropaway for the 1st time in 25yrs.I
went with the Dropzone and after removeing the WB and getting the dropaway on and takeing the 1st shot I was amazed at
how well they shoot.I had a 3-4 fps gain over my 4" vains(including the 1fps going to a dropaway over the WB.
Last week I took and shot 20-30-40-50-60 yrds with the fobs(siteing in my new RT1000 19mm site)and then I took and shot 40-50-60 yrds with the 4"vains that I left on 1/2 doz arows,there was a cross wind at about 10mph and the fobs hit right on and the vains hit to the right about 4-5" then I took and shot some Easton Light Speed 340 with 2" blazers and was hitting about 2-3" to the right then shot the fobed arrows and was right on,20-30yrds really didnt make to big of a differance to right home about.The
only thing I didnt like was when you have 6 fobed arrows in the belt quiver they kinda stuck together being how when you put them in the outside ring of the fobs would get hooked on the nock,other then that Iam sold on them.
Some people dont like how they anchor on thier face at draw and some people dont have a problem,Myself I dont have a problem and I always anchor the same(kinda like a kisser button).
I still prefer my WB over any dropaway but sometimes change is good..we will see over the long run.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Germ

Ok who has tried them, I may order some and give them a shot. I am all for not having to fletch anymore.
I'll answer you damn question Germ, I don't see the point and I love to fletch arrows, it's peaceful and relaxing. Why don't you like to fletch?

I'd rather fletch than destroy FOBs and keep putting them back on my arrows when they fall out.

I just don't see the point and thankfully, they don't fit ACC's so I'm not even tempted.
Rob I love to fletch, but it's about time these days. I have not even set a stand yet[:@]My daughter keeps me busy with coaching and sports. In a year Zach will be there. Just trying to make it a little eaiser on myself

BTW after looking at the limb driver a little harder it is a real easy rest to set up.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Yes as the enourmously fat fingered Dink says, I use them. Tried them on a whim and liked them, don't know if they shot any better than my blazers, but just as good. My groups aren't tight enought to tear to many up, but if that was a problem I would just pick a different spot to shoot at. I hunted last year with them and only had one ever fall out of the arrow and that was my fault as I was in very heavy vegatation and was not very gently pulling my bow through it, I don't think regular fletching would have faired much better. Try them, if you don't like them, you will only be out around $30.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

You have to be careful when shooting the FOBs. I shot some off DMI and a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rests .........

="http://i271.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/parker-bows/FOBRH.flv">
Old 03-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald

You have to be careful when shooting the FOBs. I shot some off DMI and a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rests .........

="http://i271.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/parker-bows/FOBRH.flv">

How far you shooting across the basement Ed?

Oh, and you have to be careful shooting Blazers too.

I can't shoot groups at 20 yards because that's what happens.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rob the one looks a little low[8D]
Old 03-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

show off [8D]!!! thats gonna cost ya $$$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.