Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weird things deer do? >

Weird things deer do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weird things deer do?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weird things deer do?

I watched a doe in a puddle take a pee THEN turn around and take a drink.[:'(]
Old 03-22-2008, 01:50 PM

My buck this past year was running with his head down like a charging bull running right at me. He slowed down to a walk looking around as he got within 10 yards of where I was kneeling on the ground against a tree. The rest of his behavior from the shot on was pretty normal

Old 03-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

I also watched a button buck chase a coon around.He's was breathing really hard and loud trying to intimidate the coon.I was surprised they didn't hear me giggling like a school girl.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day a few years back I had a deer crossing in front of me at dusk about 60-70 yards out.
All of a sudden it must have winded me and stopped dead in it's tracks starring at me.
I had my .30-06 with open sights and barely enough light in the thick woods.
After about 30 seconds it jumped completly 180 degrees in the air, looked in the other direction for 10 seconds.
All the while I'm cringing wondering what it will take to turn this sucker around.
Then again another 180 degrees back at me for a few more seconds then bolted giving me a broad side running shot.
120# Spike - thank you very much.
When I mean it jumped 180 degrees, this sucka jumped 180 DEGREES, funny stuff! I guess you had to be there?
Old 03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

I seen a few deer chasing each others tails before, and i seen a deer last year jumpingand kicking with his back legs. i dono what for but it did it for like 6 minutes lol.
i have seen similiar just running around in circles ,kind of playing tag . looked like a dog playing around
Old 03-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

The weridest thing that I have ever seen was two does come running across the field and stopped and reared on there hind legs and started to fight.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not that this is weird, but it sure is funny. But every summer after thunderstorms the fawns will come out in the field and just splash and aplash around in the mud puddles. Its hilarious.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

The year before last I shot a doe, last day of season. She was leading about 5 other doe down the bank of a creek. When I shot it looked like popcorn popping. The one I hit went about 8 feet straight up and came down on the one behind her in full stride.

I was laughing so loud the deer were stopping under my tree stand and looking at me!

Old 03-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a doe wig out on me one night...she was staring into the dirt....right then she took off like a bat out of HE&& and a partridge flew up at the same time and plowed into the side of her.....unreal.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Fork Horn

This past season, i hear this annoying Grouse, making noise, throught the leaves hopping around.. from 30 yards away.. moving 2 feet every 5 min. going on for an hour.. then right behind him was my button buck. (thoguht to be doe at time) so. he was playing chase with the bird. Shot him, 10 min later my buddy comes down, he says to me. O .. i saw this lil doe, with the scar (had a scar from an arrow it seemed going across her back) and i felt bad so i let her go.. then he asks.. was this doe chasing a grouse? im like yeah. how the hell did you know (his tree stand is 400 yards away from mine) he's like those damn two were making such a racket a few hours ago one was chasin the other.. well .. the game of Chase was over now.
just funny..