Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ((PIC)) Schultzy,Magicman,Buckmaster,xXxrory7xXx -this is for you! >

((PIC)) Schultzy,Magicman,Buckmaster,xXxrory7xXx -this is for you!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

((PIC)) Schultzy,Magicman,Buckmaster,xXxrory7xXx -this is for you!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ((PIC)) Schultzy,Magicman,Buckmaster,xXxrory7xXx -this is for you!

Sending a fun pic out to a few guys that stick out in my mind from chatting on the forum. This one's for you guys! Wife and I are painting the bedroom and we had to take Borus off of the wall....this is my first pick with Borus since 2001 when we shook hands in Newfoundland.

Thanks for good times on the forum guys!

Brian

Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 PM

Default RE: ((PIC)) Schultzy,Magicman,Buckmaster,xXxrory7xXx -this is for you!

They are some dang pretty creatures, what a great looking hide.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ah man, you have no idea what kind of torture you're putting me through right now!! I thought we were friends!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

man in ever realized those things were THAT big!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice one Brian! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mister moose is cool but did you say he's in your bedroom? Wow my girlfriend said I can't have any horns in our future bedroom. your wife must really be understanding.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is not understanding....however after our first date I said...If you want to move forward....you have to understand the art of hunting and animal heads...its a part of me.......its still a rockey situation though...
Old 03-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Site Bouncer

Great looking Moose!

Ahhhhhh Moose hunting. Reminds me of a "weird" moose hunt I was on back in college. We played a Friday night game so I had a Saturday/Sunday all to myself during the fall. A friend pulled a rare Moose tag and decided to try to bag a Moose that weekend. I opted to go along with him and experience the hunt.

Well we got up early and headed up into no mans land in search of our quarry. Well my buddy has a brainstorm of an idea to get high in the Rockies and work our way down to the foot hills in search of Mr. "Bullwinkle". Utah Moose tend to keep to the higher elevations from just below the tree line down to the benches feeding on shrubs and such.

So we headed out early in the morning in his jeep and we started up the mountain. We kept going until the Jeep would no longer run (not enough air for the carburetor). We parked the Jeep and kept walking till we crested the tree line. We sat and watched the sun rise over the Rocky Mountains and started our "search" for Moose. Now I'll admit we had NO IDEA what the hell we were doing but hey we were doing it!

Here's where it gets interesting......after a halfhour or so we got downto the tree line and decided to sit a spell, glass the area and do a little calling. Well we were sitting in a tree line that was pretty thick and all of a sudden I hear a faint Baaaaa....Baaaaa.. I ask my buddy "what the hell was that?" I know what is sounded like but way the heck up here....no way!

My buddy is a local so he knows exactly what it is and says to me......."Come check this out". We walk a little way along the crest of the hill we were on and down into a small steep meadow and low and behold what do I see? A herd of sheep...Yes sheep with some dude tending them.....In the middle of nowhere! Not only that but he has a small silver AIR STREAM trailer parked up there too!!!

I look at my buddy in utter disbeliefand say. "how the hell did he get that trailer up here?" Remember we're just below the tree line (about 10,000 feet!!)He just laughed and said that a lot of illegals from Mexico come up here to tend sheep for the ranchers. Up here they are not bothered by the INS and the ranchers can get their flocks tended to for very little money.....the air stream stays on the mountain and only gets moved if needed.

Strange to say the least!....I just thought I'd share.

Thanks for posting the pic MichiganWhitetails74 and sorry for the hijack...Great looking Moose!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Great looking Moose!

Ahhhhhh Moose hunting. Reminds me of a "weird" moose hunt I was on back in college. We played a Friday night game so I had a Saturday/Sunday all to myself during the fall. A friend pulled a rare Moose tag and decided to try to bag a Moose that weekend. I opted to go along with him and experience the hunt.

Well we got up early and headed up into no mans land in search of our quarry. Well my buddy has a brainstorm of an idea to get high in the Rockies and work our way down to the foot hills in search of Mr. "Bullwinkle". Utah Moose tend to keep to the higher elevations from just below the tree line down to the benches feeding on shrubs and such.

So we headed out early in the morning in his jeep and we started up the mountain. We kept going until the Jeep would no longer run (not enough air for the carburetor). We parked the Jeep and kept walking till we crested the tree line. We sat and watched the sun rise over the Rocky Mountains and started our "search" for Moose. Now I'll admit we had NO IDEA what the hell we were doing but hey we were doing it!

Here's where it gets interesting......after a halfhour or so we got downto the tree line and decided to sit a spell, glass the area and do a little calling. Well we were sitting in a tree line that was pretty thick and all of a sudden I hear a faint Baaaaa....Baaaaa.. I ask my buddy "what the hell was that?" I know what is sounded like but way the heck up here....no way!

My buddy is a local so he knows exactly what it is and says to me......."Come check this out". We walk a little way along the crest of the hill we were on and down into a small steep meadow and low and behold what do I see? A herd of sheep...Yes sheep with some dude tending them.....In the middle of nowhere! Not only that but he has a small silver AIR STREAM trailer parked up there too!!!

I look at my buddy in utter disbeliefand say. "how the hell did he get that trailer up here?" Remember we're just below the tree line (about 10,000 feet!!)He just laughed and said that a lot of illegals from Mexico come up here to tend sheep for the ranchers. Up here they are not bothered by the INS and the ranchers can get their flocks tended to for very little money.....the air stream stays on the mountain and only gets moved if needed.

Strange to say the least!....I just thought I'd share.

Thanks for posting the pic MichiganWhitetails74 and sorry for the hijack...Great looking Moose!
So....lets see that P&Y sheep.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats perty sweet... but you know what i wo uld do?? I'd put him in the living room kinda low on the wall..... then go buy me a hammok to hang in between those paddles!

Quick Reply: ((PIC)) Schultzy,Magicman,Buckmaster,xXxrory7xXx -this is for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.