Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop? >

OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

Old 03-20-2008, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

I like to see employees who know what they are doing, and are able to help me with what I need no matter how small it is. An indoor range is a big draw, also with an Interactive Video Shoot. Also having a wide variety of products and keeping a current inventory of new products.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:04 AM

Default RE: OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

Don't try to get me in and out in a hurry!! Take the time and make sure it's right before I leave!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sell/have what I need at a reasonable price.

Know the products you are selling so that you can answer my questions without layering on the BS.

Know the technical ins and outs of archery/bowhunting so that you can answer my questions without layering on the BS.

Once you start layering on the BS I won't be back unless it is to buy some fieldpoints or something else for less than $10.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I brought my cooker....and we cooked everyone's game that they brought.
FYI cooking wild game, (or any "raw" food)on theproperty of a business, that isn't licensed to prepair food, is illegal. So be careful.

A competent staff, that gives you the time of day.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Dominant Buck

FYI cooking wild game on theproperty of a business, that isn't licensed to prepair food, is illegal. So be careful.
Why is it illegal? Are you sure? NC? We had a couple deputies there....and the GW's.....and nobody was selling anything.

So I can't cook a venison burger when I tailgate?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

FYI cooking wild game on theproperty of a business, that isn't licensed to prepair food, is illegal. So be careful.
Why is it illegal? Are you sure? NC? We had a couple deputies there....and the GW's.....and nobody was selling anything.

So I can't cook a venison burger when I tailgate?
I will say, I'm not sure about NC, but I'm positive it is in MN. Whether it's free or not.
I went to a similar, (wild game picnic) event in MN 3 years in a row, and the guy ended up getting in trouble. Not too serious, but a fine none the less. Something about the liabilty if someone were to get sick.

It's at the very least something that I would check out before holding such an event.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 AM

I'm pretty sure in Iowa as long as you don't sell it you are ok to cook.
I'm cooking Backstrap and Brats for my anniversary party on the 29th!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

before moving t oengland with my wife i had three archery shops back home in australia and i found the best thing i ever did was put a small coffee and seating section with videos running i made lots of friends and the return business kept me going i never made millions but i could hunt most weekends and always had money in the bank
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM

I cannot not stress enough that the trust factor is just huge.

The knowledge they give always amazes me either. I can walk into my shop and learn something new everytime.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys... I really appreciate the great input!

Quick Reply: OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.