HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   lighted nock problem (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/238116-lighted-nock-problem.html)

ozbowhunter 03-19-2008 11:57 AM

lighted nock problem

i recently purchased a pack of the new easton tracer s nocks upon receiving them i thought great and installed them into my arrow and went to my range and had a few shots.
they worked great ....... for about ten shot then they started to go erratic and come on when the bow was fired whe nin the bow quiver so i made some other tests and tapped them wit hmy finger and guess what they came on
now easton says they will only come on when shot because the use a magnet which you place on your riser shelf which inturn is used to turn them off also
well now my opinion is dont buy them yet im not sure easton (or who ever made them has done a proper test on them yet ) they shoud not come on with vibration

anyone else seen this problem ????

i will be contacting easton regarding this and if i get a response i will let you all know

so in the meen time anyone know of a good brand that will work in shafts with uni bushings ??
i cant make my own because they wont work with the shafts i use

GR8atta2d 03-19-2008 12:00 PM

RE: lighted nock problem

I only ever played with them in the Shop I shoot at. They need to be "programmed" by holding them near the magnet or something along thos lines, (forget now).

BUt I'll be buying a few..I was very impressed.

Geronimo 03-19-2008 12:15 PM

Try Archers Flame: www.archersflame.com

Huntm Up 03-19-2008 12:24 PM

pay for the good stuff lumenock

mauser06 03-19-2008 12:28 PM

i used the original tracer nocks(same design minus the programability) and found that they do come on without the magnet...almost dont need the magnet...only ever had 1 come on while hunting and i banged it pretty hard...dad was cleaning the basement one day and my quiver took a hard hit and 2 came on...but mine dont come on with most normal hunting circumastances...

HuntingBry 03-19-2008 12:31 PM

That probably explains how one of mine was activated in shipping and blinking dimly when I got it. The others are fine and the retailer is sending me a replacement. So far I have liked them. I don't shoot my bow with my quiver on so that shouldn't be an issue for me.

Oz, let us know how you make out with Easton.

ozbowhunter 03-19-2008 12:38 PM

well cant fault eastons commitment to its customers i rang easton and got put through to a guy called cody he said he hasnt heard of this problem before so you guys who have had it happen do yourself a favor and call him and tell him so they look into it and to his credit he is sending me a replacemnt pack at no cost so it was worth it to call i also have an idea what is wrong with the design and will be doing some tests this weekend if it works i will tell rcody at easton what i find and will let you guys know as well

but do call at tell him it is an issue that is worth looking into you may get replacements as well