Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well it does not look good for ROSS >

Well it does not look good for ROSS

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well it does not look good for ROSS

Old 03-19-2008, 04:49 AM

Default RE: Well it does not look good for ROSS

Germ, I thought G5 wasn't going to be doing that? Almost makes a feller wanna say......told ya. LOL.....
Old 03-19-2008, 04:58 AM

Thats not good at all
Old 03-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, after I had my bow for about two days, I don't think I ever consciously looked at the logo again. The logo won't make it shoot better, right?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

Actually, after I had my bow for about two days, I don't think I ever consciously looked at the logo again. The logo won't make it shoot better, right?
Lol, no of course not...but it's marketing...plain and simple. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy their bow because of a logo, but a company SHOULD put some effort into an attractive and/or professional logo and decide how they want their logo to represent them. Just like the whole bowtech subliminal marketing thread that when on and on forever...marketing is marketing. I don't look at my Ross logo on my bow either, but I recognize it and it stands out. Matthews for example...why do you think they chose a cursive/italic script font with a gold metallic color? It stands out and is recognized...it's also a very formal logo design that reflects an image of quality and almost elitism. I don't know, maybe I only see these things because I'm into graphic design
Old 03-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Man who cares its just a logo......The logo isnt what does the job, its the man behind the machine...I could care less if a logo was in block lettering...
I was thinking the same thing! Its a statement the Logo is plain and simple and at that it is. It does absolutely NOTHING!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me just ask you guys this for sake of argument...since I'm in a GMMAT mood (no offense there bud). If a logo doesn't make a difference, why do companies shell out $1,000s to $1,000,000s on them? The graphic design industry is interesting to say the least.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

Lol, no of course not...but it's marketing...plain and simple. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy their bow because of a logo, but a company SHOULD put some effort into an attractive and/or professional logo and decide how they want their logo to represent them. Just like the whole bowtech subliminal marketing thread that when on and on forever...marketing is marketing. I don't look at my Ross logo on my bow either, but I recognize it and it stands out. Matthews for example...why do you think they chose a cursive/italic script font with a gold metallic color? It stands out and is recognized...it's also a very formal logo design that reflects an image of quality and almost elitism. I don't know, maybe I only see these things because I'm into graphic design
On my General I can cover the Logo "Bowtech" & "General" with a dollar bill folded in half twice its pretty small. Im pissed I want it bigger. Im returning my bow!LOL
Old 03-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

There comes a time when you have to ask yourself... Am I a bowhunter or a fashion plate?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

There comes a time when you have to ask yourself... Am I a bowhunter or a fashion plate?
Why can't you be both? I see countless posts on here and pictures of setups with guys getting various string colors to match with their string loop/drop-away cord. Then getting matching fancy vane colors (except black seems to be popular with the 3d guys), arrow wraps (I mean come on...wraps are almost 90% decoration), and then of course don't forget the camo pattern (need I mention that certain camo pattern availability with a certain new bow). I understand what you're saying Arthur, and I'm partially playing devil's advocate here, but you get my point. Guys on here, and there's plenty of them, certainly care about what their setups look like (I won't use the word pretty, though, lol).
Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

They should have used comic sans and made it bright pink with a killer drop shadow and maybe a sweet bevel of some sort.

Quick Reply: Well it does not look good for ROSS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.