Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Not a good day...  UPDATE - today was a good day! >

Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day!

This isn't bow hunting related, but this is where I spend all my time on here, and it's where my friends are. Today my wife was birthday shopping for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. She drove out of the mall in her Focus and was broadsided by a jeep. Thank god the impact was on the passenger side. It totalled the car. She was hit so hard that it blew ALL of the glass out and now the two bucket seats arepressed againsteach other. The driver of the Jeep is fine, but Beth is in the hospital. She's bruised pretty badly and has a lot of small cuts from flying glass, but the problem is internal injuries caused by being thrown so violently into theseat belt on her right side. Still, if she hadn't been wearing it..... I don't even want to think about it.

They're not going to operate until tomorrow morning. After they finally got her into her room, I made sure she was resting and came home to make sure the kids were okay (no family in the area), get a shower and get something to eat. I'm about to head back. Just thought I'd drop a quick line. We could use some positive thoughts right now.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not a good day...

Wow, that is very sad, LittleChief. You and you're family will be in my prayers tonight. Thank god she was wearing her seat belt. Hope all goes well. Take Care.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am hoping things work for the best tomorrow LittleChief...
Old 03-17-2008, 09:47 PM

What can you say...Prayers are on the way man. And to think seat beltsareviewed asa hassle, atleastuntil situations like this happen.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

sorry to hear that. hope all goes well with the surgery/recovery.stay positive.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

wow really sorry to hear that. hopeeverything goes well.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

geeze !!! I also hope everything goes well. Prayers sent for your wife, your family and you !!

Tim
Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 PM

It seems that you are seeing what could of really happened.......and thank god it didn't. My prayers are and WILLbe with your family. Stay strong and tell your daughter happy b-day.........The Lord works in a strange way.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:12 PM

My thoughts are will you and your family. I hope for the best. Hang in ther brother
Old 03-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Prayers sent, I hope everything goes good. I dont know much of anything medical, but if you dont mind me asking,what kind of surgery has to be done? But in any case please give us an update.

Quick Reply: Not a good day... UPDATE - today was a good day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.