Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tough year shed hunting! >

Tough year shed hunting!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tough year shed hunting!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tough year shed hunting!

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Same here, found 6 dead deer and a bee hive. No bone.
Yesterday my brother found a shed (one side) across the road from where we hunt. He called me last night and told me about it. He figures it to go around 60" to 65". It was a 5 point side with small end forks but the G1, G2, G3, are supposively pretty decent. I've been stuck in the house too much lately and haven't been able to get out, good old tax season! You know something about that being your also self employed.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: TJF

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: TJF

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Same here, found 6 dead deer and a bee hive. No bone.

And you wondered where Tyler was at since he was not at your wedding. He was kicking himself for not grabbing the bee hive. [8D]

Uh Oh...Looks like you got a head start on me! No worries, come April it'll take me 2 days to catch up. LOL
I was just trying to scare TeeJay since he showed me all his hunting spots. The fool !! It's actuallya picture of a few oflast years's sheds.

You have nothing to worry about. We don't have much of a lead.... cough....89... cough, cough. I am thinking it will take you 3 days. [:@]13 days if you don't take your wife.[8D]

Tim
Ahhhhh, I didn't know it was a group competition! I thought it was just me against you. In that case, I'll only pick one person for my team....since Jill won't be at camp early enough, I'll take my brother Jeff.

89.....pffffffft, we'll have that beat in 1 day! [8D]

-Dan

Dude, you got the quotes messed up and I can't get it fixed!!! [:-]
Old 03-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Me to, i had to go out of state to find any Im off for eight days starting tomorrow, if it ever quits raining, im going to wear myselfout looking for them
Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, you must have one heck of a shed hunting area, and I take it your waiting on the snow to melt??

Good luck, looking forward to all the pix..

Tim... I am envious! good work, I doubt very highly I have a chance to even remotely catch you guys but I do have some good shed hunting left to do now that the snow is melting! My basketball season is over tonight.... I am gonna start getting out after work.. spring break next week 9 days off, I hope to find a few..

Troy
Old 03-18-2008, 11:17 AM

Troy....not only am I waiting for the snow to melt, but the sheds are laying 500 miles from here north of the boarder. I'll be back at camp in a couple weeks building a cabin, so I won't have time to look right away. We'll find a bunch, but it may not be until the end of April.

Man, I'm getting the itch!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:42 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Dan

You must of messed the quotes up. My 1streplyquoting youlooks fine to me... now.

As for me just taking you on... fine with me although I thought you would want a challenge. [&:] After my long dinner break today, I am at 41 sheds. I am going to have to up my game to compete.

Since this is just for fun... Let's do both individuals and teams so Troy can play.

Schafer clanvs Freund clan( Britney will be out with us occasionally so Jill canbe in it too)

Then to keep it interesting...

You/Me/Britneyvs Troy/Troy's boys/Tyler ( we cut Troy off the end of June though so it ends... the sheddin maniac ) Tyler usually finds 30 more then me so it should be fair this way. If you would rather have Troy on your teamthat works too.

Tim

Old 03-18-2008, 10:00 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wiaxle

89 sheds for the year? wow,

how many acres do you look on? have access to?

Most of the ones you find of the 2 1/2 year old and up range?
We have access to roughly20,000 acres. Deer probably roam only a 1/4 of it in the winter with them herding up.

How many acres do you shed hunt on ?? You are having a good year !!

So far this has been a great year for us in finding 2.5 year old's sheds or older. We will find a lot of 1.5 year olds when the snow is finallygone.

Tim
Old 03-19-2008, 02:46 AM

How many acres do you shed hunt on ?? You are having a good year !!

So far this has been a great year for us in finding 2.5 year old's sheds or older. We will find a lot of 1.5 year olds when the snow is finallygone.

Tim
Looking on about 400 acres, but finding them on about 120, not quite 20,000 [:-][:-]
Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 AM

Dan

You must of messed the quotes up. My 1streplyquoting youlooks fine to me... now.

As for me just taking you on... fine with me although I thought you would want a challenge. [&:] After my long dinner break today, I am at 41 sheds. I am going to have to up my game to compete.

Since this is just for fun... Let's do both individuals and teams so Troy can play.

Schafer clanvs Freund clan( Britney will be out with us occasionally so Jill canbe in it too)

Then to keep it interesting...

You/Me/Britneyvs Troy/Troy's boys/Tyler ( we cut Troy off the end of June though so it ends... the sheddin maniac ) Tyler usually finds 30 more then me so it should be fair this way. If you would rather have Troy on your teamthat works too.

Tim

Tim.....this will be fun! Most all of my shed hunting will be done the last week of April or the first week of May......and it may only be about 5 days total.

Come on snowwwwwwww and melt!!!

Oh yeah, I've got 3 so far.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

40 miles...sounds just like me when I was a teenager, I walked and walked and found nothing...well maybe 1 or 2 every year. Now, I just cover a few select spots and have pretty good luck. I have covered 2 spots so far totalling about 100 acres of woods and found a total of 15 so far.

Quick Reply: Tough year shed hunting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.