Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you be proud of this shot? >

Would you be proud of this shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you be proud of this shot?

Old 03-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you be proud of this shot?

15 more pages of pissing and point proving............... I have a new found respect for GMMAT's ability to piss further than anyone else on earth.

As for the shot, you can't argue with the outcome but it is not where I would have aimed. Like others have said, I like it tucked up a little closer to the arm pit and a slight bit higher if I were 23' up.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:28 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: GMMAT

And Mez.......ALL I'm saying is....there's cartilage around the shoulder. Are you arguing that there isn't?
No, that is not ALL you said. You said the photo was misleading to new hunters and it is not. You said the shoulder cavity is surrounded by a cartilage plate. You then questioned another posters anatomy knowledge. The green dot is no where near the shoulder either.

So I ask again, where are the three cartilage locations in the shoulder area of a deer? I'm not going to answer the questin for you. Just describe the anatomy of the shoulder.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:05 AM

i dont see a problem with it if its dead. it looks good to me
Old 03-18-2008, 08:08 AM

Wow, I haven't been on here much lately.....nice to see things haven't changed much! [:-]
Old 03-18-2008, 08:09 AM

I love it when GMMAT and GregH go at it! It keeps things interesting around here...
Old 03-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quartering away, that was a good shot. Your distance to recovery backs up the fact that it was a good shot.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to say it was a "perfect" shot. One lung,heart dead deer. What may have not been perefect was your original intended placement, although it probably would have been double lung. What exactly is perfect? You wanted a heart shot? Perfect! You were aiming for Dbl lung, you missed! Dead deer either way. Hunting is not target shooting for points. The ultimate goal is to put the animal down ASAP. This you did. That's a "perfect" shot in the deer woods maybe not at a 3-d shoot.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Anything that any of us write is just going to be monday morning quarterbacking... Jeff did you need your ego stroked or something? The deer was dead inside 50 yards... think the shot placement was right? DUH?
Nope. Some criticized the shot placement in another thread......and I asked in this one if "you" would be proud of it.

I still say (no....I know) if you move this deer's right front leg back to its normal position in the photo...and stand this deer up.......that the shot was "center-punched".
That makes a bit more sense to me. I missed the other thread. I couldn't figure out what this had to do with anything, especially some of the arguing going on. Sailed right over my back just like the arrow I shot at a 9pt back in late October. [:@]
Old 03-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

I think any shot that hits the heart and drops the deer within 50 yds is something to be proud of.

Like many others have said, a touch further forward would have been better, IMO.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

You need to study Bone structure on a Deer.

That's Gospel!!

Dan
Is this closer to the muzzy hole or the green dot?

Quick Reply: Would you be proud of this shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.