Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow case for airline travel? >

Bow case for airline travel?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow case for airline travel?

Old 03-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow case for airline travel?

I will take a look at the Vangaurd & Toughmate.I would hate to spend the money on a trip & have mybow damaged in transite.
I was also wondering if SKB made two lines or gradesof bow cases. TheSKB bowcase I looked at, I would not even consided buying. TheSKB cases I looked at a couple of years ago were top notch. What happened???
Old 03-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, I can't believe SKB is having that kind of problem. I had an old pre-parallel limb SKB case and that thing could have survived a plane crash. I haven't looked at the new ones because I haven't had to travel by air with my bow. Which ones were you looking at?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

The SKB 4114 Rectangle case is the real deal. This case is VERY well built.It's worth the money.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spoke with a customer service rep & found out the SKB Freedom line of bow cases, is there "economy line". I will look on ebay for the high end line.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a double bow Vangard and use the extra space for clothes...
Old 03-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would have said Pelican and still do if you bow will fit.They are firearms cases but some bows will fit inside and you carve out the foam to fit your bow e.xactly.

Another case that is quite bomb proof is Kalispel cases. Made from 100% aluminum. Have solid latches and a very secure locking system.
http://www.kalispelproshop.com/category.aspx?categoryID=9
Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

I spoke with a customer service rep & found out the SKB Freedom line of bow cases, is there "economy line". I will look on ebay for the high end line.
Good Idea! The SKB 4114 is a great case and is Bullet proof. You would not be disappointed. I pack my bow and a lot of my clothes in mine when I travel. I also have the Freedomcase and there is no comparison between the two.The 4114is one of the toughest cases they have ever made, airline approved locks, and wheels on one end for an easy roll through the Airport oranywhere else.

Dan
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

Good Idea! The SKB 4114 is a great case and is Bullet proof. You would not be disappointed. I pack my bow and a lot of my clothes in mine when I travel. I also have the Freedomcase and there is no comparison between the two.The 4114is one of the toughest cases they have ever made, airline approved locks, and wheels on one end for an easy roll through the Airport oranywhere else.

Dan
The customer service rep said to look at Model # 4114, 4119 & the soon to be released Roto Case # 4417.
I would like to look at all three before I buy one.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 4114, and the 4119 are great quality cases. I have not seen the new Roto case, but I was not fond of the previous one. I am sure they made improvements.

Dan